Healthy Living Program for Physicians - November 12, 2021
Course Directors: Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., M.S. and Warren G. Thompson, M.D.
There is substantial evidence on the role that diet and nutrition, physical activity and exercise, and resiliency play in preventing and treating chronic diseases and improving the quality of life. Traditional CME courses use a classroom-based format to educate health care providers in these areas. However, it is challenging for people to make beneficial lifestyle behavior changes, and education by itself doesn’t necessarily promote behavior change. This course will be experiential as well as educational. It will be based on The Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program, a program designed to help people make beneficial lifestyle behavior changes. Attendees will not only learn about lifestyle medicine, but will actively participate in classes designed to help them create their own individualized wellness plan. Learning in this personal manner will help participants counsel patients on making these same healthy behavior changes.
Registration Fee: $1,500.00
This course is designed for providers practicing in internal medicine, primary care, preventive medicine, concierge medicine, cardiovascular medicine, and endocrinology. However, providers in all specialties may find the information and experience beneficial.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to :
- Recognize the relationship between health behaviors, chronic disease, and the quality of life
- Assess patient wellness in their own clinical practice
- Employ wellness concepts in their own life
- Demonstrate how to track health behaviors
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (pre-recorded and live streamed content) for a maximum of 17.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Allocation:
- Pre-recorded material: 11.00 credits
- Livestream Session: 2.50 credits
- Optimized Assessment: 2.50 credits
- Wellness Coaching: 1.00 credit
ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 17.00 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
The AAFP has reviewed Healthy Living Program for Physicians 2021, and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 02/08/2021 to 12/31/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
- 11.00 Enduring Materials, Self-Study AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Healthy Living Program for Physicians 2021 Module 1
- 2.50 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Healthy Living Program for Physicians 2021 Module 2
- 2.50 In-Person, Live (could include online) AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Healthy Living Program for Physicians 2021 Module 3
- 1.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Healthy Living Program for Physicians 2021 Module 4
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.00 ABIM
- 17.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Learner completes registration including payment for the Livestream date they will attend
- Watch pre-recorded on-demand material prior to livestream session (available March 26, 2021)
- Submit questions to the presenters
- Schedule and compete Optimized Assessments and Wellness Coaching sessions prior to April 9, 2021
- Healthy Living Program staff will contact learner with details from profile
- Contact may take 7-10 days after registration is processed
- Learner attends livestream session
- Access will be sent closer to the date of the livestream session
- Learner completes accreditation quiz
- Learner will receive notification when AMA PRA Category 1TM is available to claim
- Optional ABIM MOC points - Learners wanting ABIM MOC Points will need to complete reflective questions
*It is recommended to complete all Optimized Assessments and Wellness Coaching sessions prior to attending the Livestream session.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.