Mayo Clinic Equity and Inclusion in Healthcare Conference 2017
This CPD activity has already taken place. See 2019 course.
Course Directors: Sharonne N. Hayes, M.D., John M. Knudsen, M.D., Cathy H. Fraser, M.B.A.
- Leading experts give keynote presentations and conduct roundtable discussions and experiential workshops
- Focus on evidence-based processes to identify and address bias as it affects patient care, health equity and the workforce
- Participants examine their own knowledge and beliefs on diversity and inclusion and gain insights into the rationale and importance of creating a culture of inclusion for employees and our patients
- New skills and processes that reduce bias and increase recruitment, retention, promotion and development of women and minorities are explored
This conference is jointly provided with Mayo Continuing Nursing Education.
|Full Fee; M.D., DO, Ph.D.
|Reduced Fee: Hospital Administrator, HR Professional, Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree
This program is intended for both Mayo and external audiences interested in advancing health equity and diversity and inclusion in health care, including health care providers, social workers, nurses, individuals involved in talent acquisition and development such as hiring managers (HR professionals), supervisors, hospital leadership and administrators, and diversity and inclusion practitioners.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the effects of socioeconomic factors, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and other patient characteristics on health inequities and identify ways to mitigate them in your own practice or organization
- Describe the effect of patient and provider biases on healthcare outcomes; describe ways to mitigate the effect of these biases
- Summarize policies and practices that have been shown to contribute to inclusive workplace environments, and enhance recruitment, development, advancement and retention of women and minorities in the healthcare workforce
- Apply course learnings to create a more welcoming healthcare environment and improve the delivery of culturally appropriate care for increasingly diverse patient populations
- Develop and empower employee resource groups to support personal and organizational strategic goals related to diversity and inclusion and health equity
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Contact one of the local hotels listed below for current rates and availability:
Doubletree by Hilton
150 S. Broadway
Hilton Garden Inn
225 S. Broadway
Kahler Grand Hotel
20 Second Avenue SW
800-533-1655 (toll-free) or 507-282-2581
Rochester Marriott Hotel
101 First Avenue SW
877-623-7775 or 507-280-6000
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants can earn up to 13.75 ANCC nursing contact hours commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Mayo Clinic is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for up to 11.75 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. Course variation to obtain credits will be provided to participants onsite.
This activity, ID No. 317415, has been approved for Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 9 Specified Credit Hours: HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.75 ANCC
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.