27th Annual Mayo Clinic Symposium on Sports Medicine 2017 - Live Webcast
This is the live webcast version of the course and will be broadcast in central standard time.
This course continues to feature evidence-based and cutting edge diagnostic and treatment strategies for sports-related and musculoskeletal conditions. The program is multidisciplinary, with expert lecturers representing a spectrum of sports medicine fields. Multiple educational formats are used, including case presentations, interactive Q&A sessions, as well as live demonstrations of physical examination, anatomy, ultrasound and arthroscopy.
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$375.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Heath Professional||$300.00|
Click here to register for the live course.
This course is for physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and other medical professionals who evaluate and treat athletes and other active populations.
Upon the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe management of common ankle and foot injuries in the athlete
- Describe features of the female athlete triad and formulate an appropriate management plan
- Identify clinically relevant knee anatomy
- Perform a focused physical examination of the knee
- Identify imaging findings of common sports knee injuries
- Describe relevant sonoanatomy in the performance of ultrasound-guided knee procedures
- Explain the essential components of ACL rehabilitation and secondary prevention programs
- List key considerations in returning an athlete to throwing
- Identify opportunities for collaboration in the return to play team care model
- Identify and describe management of acute cervical spine and ocular sports injuries
- Describe the emerging role of sports analytics in injury prevention and performance enhancement
- Describe the essential considerations when transitioning an athlete from a rehabilitation to a performance program
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the Kahler Grand Hotel and Rochester Marriott. In order to receive the special rates as outlined below, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of October 19, 2017, whichever comes first. After October 19, 2017, reservations will be taken based on space and rate availability.
Kahler Grand Hotel
Executive King: $139
Standard King: $144
Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine course when making your reservation.
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of CPD is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course meets the criteria for up to 10.75 hours category I Continuing Education Units per Minnesota Physical Therapy Rules 5601.2400, 5601.2500.
AAFP Credit Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (BOC AP# P476) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 10.75 EBP Category hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
- 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 10.75 Attendance
- 10.75 BOC EBP
- 10.75 PT
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.