28th Annual Mayo Clinic Symposium on Sports Medicine 2018 - Live Webcast
This is the live webcast offering of the course and will be broadcast in central standard time.
This course continues to feature evidence-based and cutting edge diagnostic and treatment strategies for sports-related and musculoskeletal conditions. The program is multidisciplinary, with expert lecturers representing a spectrum of sports medicine fields. Multiple educational formats are used, including case presentations, interactive Q&A sessions, as well as live demonstrations of physical examination, anatomy, ultrasound and arthroscopy.
Live Webcast Course Attendance Registration Fees
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$375.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Heath Professional||$300.00|
Click here to register for the live course.
This course is for physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and other medical professionals who evaluate and treat athletes and other active populations.
Upon the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe management of common low back injuries in the athlete - Domain 2,4 - Task 0201-5, 0401-7
- Describe progressions and regressions for common strength training exercises - Domain 1,4 - Task 0106, 0403
- Summarize the evidence for using biologics in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis - Domain 4, Task 0402, 0406
- Identify clinically relevant shoulder anatomy - Domain 2, Task 202
- Perform a focused physical examination of the shoulder - Domain 2, Task 202
- Identify imaging findings of the athlete with shoulder instability - Domain 2, Task 201
- Describe relevant sonoanatomy in the performance of ultrasound-guided shoulder procedures - Domain 4, Task 406
- List key considerations and injury prevention strategies when returning an athlete to throwing after shoulder injury - Domain 1,4 - Task 0101, 0407
- Identify and describe sideline management of acute facial sports injuries - Domain 3 - Task 0301-4
- Explain the essential components of an endurance performance program - Domain 1,4,5 - Task 0106, 0403, 0501-3
- Describe the emerging role of ultrasound-guided surgery in sports medicine - Domain 4 - Task 406
- List evidence-based criteria for successfully returning a post-operative athlete to running - Domain 4 - Task 0401-7
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Educaiton (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, 28th Annual Mayo Clinic Symposium on Sports Medicine 2018 - Live Onsite General Session, with a beginning date of 11/09/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 11.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Board of Certification
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (BOC AP# P476) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 10.75 EBP Category hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
This course meets the criteria for up to 10.75 hours category I Continuing Education Units per Minnesota Physical Therapy Rules 5601.2400, 5601.2500.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 11.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 10.75 Attendance
- 10.75 BOC EBP
- 10.75 PT
Click here to register for the live version of this course.
Attendees registering for both the 28th Annual Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Symposium AND the optional Sports Performance Clinic are eligible to use coupon code DC18R05762 to receive a $20 discount on your registration for the Sports Performance Clinic.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.