5th Annual Mayo Clinic Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) 2020
Course Directors: Tonia M. Young-Fadok, M.D., MS, FACS, FASCRS
February 28 - 29, 2020 - Mayo Clinic Franke Education Center - Phoenix, Arizona
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) is a multidisciplinary, multi-modal approach to perioperative care. Evidence-based medicine is employed to optimize the patient’s pre-, intra-, and post-operative course promoting early recovery while post-op complications and costs are reduced. This conference will also focus on multi-modality pain management which allows for reduction in post-operative opioid use. This proactive approach is evidence-based medicine conducted in a coordinated, integrated and multidisciplinary fashion.
** Mayo Clinic is now an “ERAS® Society Center of Excellence”, completing an ERAS® implementation program and has qualified as a teaching center for the implementation program, and/or has made considerable contributions to the development of ERAS® for the ERAS® Society. Read the article HERE.
|M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$475|
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$425|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete Exhibit Documents and submit to Kristy Badder.
This course is designed for Physicians (surgeons of all specialties, anesthesiologists) and Residents, Nurses (pre-op, peri-op, PACU, post-op), Allied Health Professionals, Dieticians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the science and evidence supporting best practices in Enhanced Recovery to optimize their patient outcomes.
- Reduce reliance on post-operative narcotics by using multi-modality pain management strategies
Anesthesiologists and CRNAs:
- Describe how intraoperative interventions regarding fluids, PONV prophylaxis, pain management, etc., can improve patient outcomes in the post-operative period.
- Interpret the science and evidence behind ERAS protocol recommendations and improve ERAS protocol compliance.
- Recognize their role in facilitating the logistics of bringing together multidisciplinary teams that will improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The room block at the Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic is now sold out. Some suggestions of other area hotels in close proximity that may have availability:
- JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa - 5350 E Marriott Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85054 - 480.293.5000
- Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road - 16630 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - 480.477.6424
- Best Western Plus Scottsdale Thunderbird Suites - 7515 E Butherus Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 - 480.951.4000
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale - 16620 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - 480.348.9280
- Residence Inn by Marriott Scottsdale North - 17011 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 - 480.563.4120
Please note, we do not have special rate room blocks at the above hotels.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.50 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been accredited by the American Osteopathic Association for 11.50 credits of AOA Category 2-A.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 11.50 ANCC
- 11.50 AOA Category 2-A
- 11.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.