Mayo Clinic 4th Annual Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Course 2019
In collaboration with:
Course Director: Tonia M. Young-Fadok, MD, MS, FACS, FASCRS, President ERAS USA
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) is a multidisciplinary, multi-modal approach to perioperative care. Evidence-based medicine is employed to optimize the patient’s pre-, intra-, and post-operative course promoting early recovery while post-op complications and costs are reduced. We also focus on multi-modality pain management which allows for reduction in post-operative opioid use. This proactive approach is comprised of data-driven, proven interventions: “Post-op recovery starts in pre-op.” New this year, a 3-hour opioid session that directly addresses how the team caring for the surgical patient can minimize post-operative pain and the need for opiate prescriptions.
- Enhanced recovery starts with clearly defined preoperative preparation that involves the spectrum of health care team members, including the patient.
- Intraoperative approaches have the entire scope of the patient’s care in mind including post-op recovery – multimodality pain control, pre-emption of nausea, and fluid management to minimize post-op ileus.
- The opioid epidemic is a major national health care crisis. The course has added a session that directly addresses how the team caring for the surgical patient can minimize post-operative pain and the need for opiate prescriptions.
- Post-op order sets and team care optimize patient recovery, convey the experience of accumulated knowledge and minimize complications and hospital stay.
|On or before 12/15/2018||After 12/15/2018|
Full Fee: Physician, Scientist
Reduced Fee: Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Nurse, Fellow, Resident, Allied Health Professional, Retiree
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete Exhibitor Documents and submit to Kristy Badder.
This course is designed for Physicians, Anesthesiologists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, CRNA's, Dieticians and Allied Health Professionals.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the science and evidence supporting best practices in Enhanced Recovery to optimize their patient outcomes.
- Reduce reliance on post-operative narcotics by using multi-modality pain management strategies
Anesthesiologists and CRNAs:
- Describe how intraoperative interventions regarding fluids, PONV prophylaxis, pain management, etc., can continue to affect patient outcomes in the post-operative period.
- Interpret the science and evidence behind ERAS protocol recommendations and improve ERAS protocol compliance.
- Recognize their role in facilitating the logistics of bringing together multidisciplinary teams that will improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Course Lodging and Accommodations
Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic
5665 E. Mayo Blvd.
Phoenix AZ 85054
Reservations: call Marriott Reservations at 480-563-1500
Book your room for the Mayo Clinic ERAS Room Block here Or call Marriott Reservations at 1-800-321-2211. Be sure to tell them that you are part of the Mayo Clinic ERAS Room Block
Special room rates are available until the block is sold out or until January 24, 2019, whichever comes first. The discounted rate is $239 plus tax. Please make your reservations early to ensure accommodations at the discounted rate. When calling the hotel, please be sure to indicate that you are a participant of the Mayo Clinic ERAS room block. Attendees are responsible for their own reservations. Group rates will apply three (3) days prior and three (3) days following the dates of Feb. 21-23, 2019
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.5 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 11.50 ANCC
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.