(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
Integrating Care in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation: Today and Tomorrow 2021
This course offers LIVE (in person) and LIVESTREAM (virtual) attendance options.
October 1-2, 2021 - Loews Royal Pacific Resort™ - Orlando, Florida
This activity has been designed to provide attendees with relevant information regarding new developments in hepatology, and novel approaches to the management of liver diseases that can be readily integrated into daily clinical practice. National and internationally renowned experts will be invited to present new findings in a case-based format that will highlight the management of common, as well as unique and complex liver diseases and liver cancers. This conference will provide a virtual immersive and exciting digital live-stream format, and the opportunity to engage with experts virtually even if they are not able to travel to attend the conference in person.
Live with dual access
|Physicians and Scientists||$500||$150|
|Allied Health, PAs, ARNPs, Nurses, and Retirees||$350||$150|
Gastroenterologists, hepatologists, primary care providers, nurse practitioners and physician assistants in GI, endocrinology and primary care providers
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify emerging trends and treatments in fatty liver disease, diabetes mellitus and obesity, and to determine the latest concepts in management options
- Assess the current development and treatment of liver cancer – an emerging epidemic and how it relates to the care of the liver patient
- Evaluate the spectrum of alcohol use disorder, the factors that contribute to liver disease associated with cirrhosis, along with its treatment, including liver transplantation
- Analyze emerging approaches to managing patients with acute on chronic liver failure and complex topics in liver diseases, and review contemporary approaches
- Recognize the current management of cholestatic and autoimmune liver diseases
- Evaluate current treatment modalities for viral hepatitis and the effect of COVID-19 on the liver
- Examine emerging areas of new innovations in personalized medicine and organ support for the liver patient
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic is closely monitoring COVID-19 prevalence and may adjust live course attendance limits as necessitated by CDC, public health and other relevant guidelines. Attendees are asked to comply with all live course and conference guidelines.
Rooms are reserved for attendees and their guests at the group rate starting at $209 per night plus applicable taxes. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block sells out or before the expiration date of September 8, 2021, whichever comes first. The discounted rate is available three days prior and three days after the course dates based upon availability of group rooms at the time of the request.
To receive the discounted rate, call 1-833-243-4729 and identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic course. You can also book online.
The hotel is offering discounted self-parking at a rate of $7.00 per vehicle per day (tax not included) for all attendees of the group or discounted valet parking of $23.00 per vehicle per day (tax not included). Complimentary access to entertainment venues, such as Red Coconut Club®, Bob Marley – A tribute to Freedom, Pat O’Brien’s®, CityWalk’s Rising Star and the groove at Universal’s CityWalk, will be given to each attendees for each night of the group dates. Each attendee’s room key works as a CityWalk Party Pass to access these venues.
Rooms are limited; we encourage early booking.
Stay in the heart of the excitement of Universal Orlando Resort™ and enjoy exclusive resort-wide benefits you can’t receive staying anywhere else. It’s the best way to experience Universal Orlando™.
Guests of ALL Universal Orlando On-site Hotels Enjoy:
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and select attractions at Volcano Bay™ water theme park, one hour before the theme parks open (valid theme park admission required)
- Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses that take you directly to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay and CityWalk™
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key card
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
- Complimentary access* to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk™ for the length of stay.
- Universal Orlando character appearances with some of your favorite theme park characters
- Start your day with a wake-up call from one of your favorite Universal Orlando characters
- Golf Universal Orlando™ program offers an exclusive program for golfers that enables guests to take to the links during their stay. You can reserve a perfect tee time, arrange for complimentary transportation* to and from select courses and more. For more information please contact the Universal Orlando Ticket Center in the hotel lobby.
Guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resort enjoy:
- FREE Universal Express Unlimited™ ride access^ to SKIP THE REGULAR LINES in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure—a benefit worth up to $129 per person, per day^^ (valid theme park admission required. Available at select on-site hotels.)
- Priority seating at select restaurants throughout both theme parks and enjoy first available seating at select Universal Orlando and Universal CityWalk™ restaurants.
When the hotel block fills/closes, please seek accommodations at an alternate hotel. Nearby accommodations include:
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Universal Cabana Bay
6550 Adventure Way
Universal Adventura Hotel
6725 Adventure Way
Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
|https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/loews-portofino-bay-hotel||5601 Universal Blvd|
Travel and lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 13.25 AOA Category 2-A credits.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 13.25 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.25 ANCC
- 13.25 AOA Category 2-A
- 13.25 Attendance
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Florida Exhibits.