General Sessions - Choose One
February 7 - 10, 2022 - Scottsdale, Arizona OR Livestream
Mayo Clinic OB/GYN practice has a 25-year history of cutting edge courses for practicing obstetric, gynecologic, family medicine and internal medicine providers. We are pleased to offer our fourth annual enterprise-wide clinical and surgical course drawing leading experts from Mayo Clinic Arizona, Florida, Rochester, and Mayo Clinic Health System.
Highlights encompassing all areas of OBGYN include practical talks, specifically
- Surgical complication assessment and management
- Prolapse prevention and treatment
- Role of CBT and Prehabilitation in Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Updated pap smear guidelines
- Myomectomy in perimenopause
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Intrapartum and antenatal surveillance
- Cesarean on demand and the updated VBAC calculator
Hands-on laboratories including:
- Pelvic exam for pelvic pain
- ACOG endorsed ECO course: Emergency cases in obstetrics simulations
- Laparoscopic suturing
- In-office gynecologic procedures and outpatient emergencies
This program has been designed for practicing obstetricians, gynecologists, family practitioners, general internists, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, residents, fellows and others who have an interest in women’s healthcare.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Determine strategies to reduce risks of surgical complications and learn to safely manage surgical complications when they occur
- Identify key pelvic anatomy and techniques to decrease risk of complication during gynecologic surgery
- Identify new pap smear guidelines
- Determine best strategies for antenatal and intrapartum surveillance
- Examine health concerns for women including preventative health care and hormone replacement therapy
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 35.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants can earn up to 35.00 ANCC nursing contact hours commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 35.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 35.00 ANCC
- 35.00 Attendance