Mayo Clinic OB/GYN Clinical and Surgical Updates: Staying Current and Ahead of the Curve 2020 - General Session
Mayo Clinic OB/GYN practice has a 25-year history of cutting edge courses for practicing obstetric, gynecologic, family medicine and internal medicine providers. We are pleased to offer our second annual enterprise-wide clinical & surgical course drawing leading experts from Mayo Clinic Arizona, Florida, Rochester, and Mayo Clinic Health System.
Highlights encompassing all areas of OBGYN include practical talks:
- Radiologic evaluation of endometriosis
- What to do for endometriosis and non-endometriosis pelvic pain
- Fetal Growth Restriction
- Chronic hypertension in pregnancy
- Pelvic organ prolapse: what the non-urogyn needs to know
- Complex Pelvic Organ Prolapse: What to do when all else fails
- Surgery for hereditary cancer risk reduction
And cutting edge discussions on:
- Debate: Surgical approach to hysterectomy: vaginal vs. robotic
- Improving Patient Satisfaction with Emotional Intelligence
- New Frontiers in Cancer Detection and Treatment
- Prenatal diagnostics and the role of whole-exome sequencing
Hands-on laboratories in:
- Cadaver lab covering anatomy and retroperitoneal dissection (Mayo Jacksonville Simulation Center)
- Anal sphincter repair
- ACOG endorsed ECO Course: emergency cases in obstetrics simulations (Mayo Jacksonville Simulation Center)
- Surgical coaching to excel at laparoscopic suturing and vaginal hysterectomy using simulation
Full Fee (M.D., O.D., Ph.D.)
|Reduced Fee (NPs, PAs, RNs, Midwives, Residents,|
Fellows, Retired Physicians)
|1, 2, 3-day rates available. Contact Kari Koenigs for information.|
This program has been designed for practicing obstetricians, gynecologists, family practitioners, general internists, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, residents, fellows and others who have an interest in women’s healthcare.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Determine strategies to reduce risks of surgical complications and learn to safely manage surgical complications when they occur
- Describe the evidence based modalities for diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis, as well as know the cutting edge medical and surgical treatment options available at referral centers
- Review new management guidelines for fetal growth restriction
- Determine best strategies to follow patients who have a diagnosis of hypertension in pregnancy to improve their long term cardiovascular outcomes
- Address health concerns for perimenopausal women including contraception, weight gain, and preventative health care.
- Identify key pelvic anatomy and techniques to decrease risk of complication during gynecologic surgery.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is offering a special room rate of $259/night for Oceanview guest rooms. The rooms are available until the block is sold out or January 16, 2020, whichever comes first. A $24/night resort fee also applies. The online link shows a $29 resort fee but the discounted $24 resort fee will be reflected at check in. The Resort Fee includes:
• Laptop, tablet or smartphone access to 2,000 newspapers & magazines
• Wi-Fi internet in guest room
• Premium high-definition TV channels
• Coffee maker in guest room with quality brand coffee/teas
• Use of gym and participation in all fitness classes
• Twice daily maid service
• Local telephone calls
Call 888-839-9145 to make your reservation. To ensure accommodations at the discounted rate, please reference the “Mayo Clinic OB/Gyn” room block when making your reservation. The group rate is extended 3 days pre/post the course event dates, based on availability. If you want to stay additional nights you must book via telephone.
To make a reservation online for Sunday - Wednesday nights click on the reservation link. See above if you want to book extra nights.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live general session activity for a maximum of 21.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants can earn up to 21.50 ANCC nursing contact hours commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has assigned up to 21.50 cognate credits to this program.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
Monday General Session - 5.00 hours
Tuesday General Session - 5.50 hours
Wednesday General Session - 5.50 hours
Thursday General Session - 5.50 hours
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 21.50 ACOG
- 21.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 21.50 ANCC
- 21.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.