Endocrine Update 2020
February 24 - 28, 2020 - Caribe Hilton - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Designed for endocrinologists and interested internists and surgeons, this course addresses gaps in medical knowledge and barriers in clinical practice to improve the outcomes of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders. This program will consist of lecture, small group, panel discussion formats covering best practices, barriers to optimal patient outcomes and new approaches to evaluation and management of complex and common endocrine disorders.
- Case-based, interactive model that highlights multidisciplinary sessions in the evaluation and treatment of endocrine diseases, diabetes and obesity
- Clinically relevant education from experts in endocrinology, surgery, radiology and more
- Opportunities to interact with course faculty during breakfast roundtable discussions and small group discussions
- Access to course recordings for one year
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$1099|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$950|
This course is designed to meet the professional needs of practicing endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons and interested internists who care for adults with endocrine disorders.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of imaging modalities in the evaluation of the patient with adrenal or thyroid disease
- Discern the perspectives of endocrinology, radiology, and surgery in the evaluation and treatment of the patient with endocrine disease
- Recall new insights of mechanism of bone aging and potential for novel therapies
- Apply management strategies to improve clinical outcomes in patients with diabetes and pregnancy
- Apply management strategies to improve weight loss outcomes
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
We are happy to share that in spite of the recent earthquake, no damage has been reported in any of the tourism zones surrounding San Juan, including the Caribe Hilton. This course is proceeding as planned and we look forward to seeing you in Puerto Rico!
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Caribe Hilton starting at $259/night. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before January 31, 2020, or before the room block fills. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Endocrine Update course when making your reservation. Reservations are based on space and rate availability. A daily resort fee of $40 per room, per night, plus tax will apply.
Standard View: $259/night
Ocean View: $279/night
There is no charge for children under eighteen (18) years of age sharing the same room with their parents. There will be an additional charge of $25.00 per night, plus tax beginning with the third adult (18 years or older) in a room.
$25 for self-parking
$32 for valet parking
Daily Resort Charge ($40)
There is a daily resort charge of $40 is per room, per night, plus tax for all attendees staying at the resort. The fee includes the following:
- Wireless internet access in sleeping rooms and public areas
- Exclusive beach access
- Complimentary use of fitness center located at Zen Spa Oceano
- Access to daily botanical tour, tropical gardens and bird sanctuary
- Access to beach chairs and umbrellas
- 1 hour complimentary use of tennis courts (upon availability)
- Access to Islita sundeck (upon availability)
- Daily outdoor recreational activities (bingo, daily rituals, bocce,yoga, and more)
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
Irina Bancos, M.D.
Juan P. Brito Campana, M.B.B.S.
Diana S. Dean, M.D.
Matthew T. Drake, M.D., Ph.D.
Benzon M. Dy, M.D.
Aoife M. Egan, M.B., B.Ch., Ph.D.
Joshua N. Farr, Ph.D.
Hossein Gharib, M.D.
Daniel L. Hurley, M.D.
Geoffrey B. Johnson, M.D., Ph.D.
Ann E. Kearns, M.D., Ph.D.
Todd A. Kellogg, M.D.
Robert A. Lee, M.D.
Shon E. Meek, M.D., Ph.D.
Neena Natt, M.D.
Bruce E. Pollock, M.D.
Meera Shah, M.B., Ch.B.
Pankaj Shah, M.D.
Vinaya Simha, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Geoffrey B. Thompson, M.D.
Jamie J. Van Gompel, M.D.
Toby N. Weingarten, M.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 17.00 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.00 ABIM
- 23.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 23.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.