Endocrine Update 2021 - LIVESTREAM
Endocrine Update 2021 - LIVESTREAM
March 1 - 5, 2021
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. CT
Designed for endocrinologists and interested internists and surgeons, this course addresses gaps in medical knowledge and barriers in clinical practice to improve the outcomes of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders. This program will consist of lecture, small group, panel discussion formats covering best practices, barriers to optimal patient outcomes and new approaches to the evaluation and management of complex and common endocrine disorders.
- Earn up to 16.75 ABIM Medical Knowledge MOC points
- Updates on best practices and new approaches to the evaluation and management of complex and common endocrine disorders
- Interactive case-based presentations
- Dedicated time for questions and discussion
- Access to course recordings for one year
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$750|
|Allied Health, NP, PA, Retirees||$675|
This course is designed to meet the professional needs of practicing endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons and interested internists who care for adults with endocrine disorders.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the patient who would benefit from SGLT 2 inhibitors in the management of Type 2 diabetes and improve cardiovascular outcomes.
- Detect potential complications with the use of SGLT 2 inhibitors.
- Recognize the indications for immune checkpoint inhibitors in cancer therapies.
- Identify endocrine-related adverse effects of immune checkpoint inhibitors for both clinical and diagnostic approaches.
- Examine treatment strategies for checkpoint-induced endocrinopathies.
- Recognize the genomics of medullary thyroid cancer.
- Identify current and recently approved systemic treatment options for patients with advanced medullary thyroid cancer.
- Develop treatment strategies for patients with MTC, when to start systemic therapy, which drug to use first, and salvage therapy options for treatment of refractory disease.
- Manage factors that contribute to bone loss after bariatric surgery to prevent metabolic bone disease.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
|Maria L. Collazo-Clavell, M.D.||Travis J. McKenzie, M.D.||Mabel, Ryder, M.D.|
|David Nathan, M.D.|
Massachusetts General Hospital
|Mayo Clinic Faculty|
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 16.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 16.75 ABIM
- 20.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.75 Attendance
Virtual Exhibit Opportunities
This course offers the opportunity for commercial companies to showcase their latest innovations and share information on products and services with attendees and faculty in a virtual environment. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please contact us.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.