2nd Annual SKIN: Practical Dermatology for the Generalist 2017
SKIN: Practical Dermatology for the Generalist is the 2nd Mayo Clinic course taught by expert dermatologists from the three Mayo Clinic national practices in Minnesota, Florida and Arizona with the goal of teaching practical dermatology to the non-dermatologist. The course will consist of interactive lectures covering multiple aspects of dermatology including management of moles, skin infections, cancers, rashes, lumps and bumps, and simple dermatologic procedures. The information presented will be relevant to a broad range of non-dermatologists and primary care providers, including physician assistants, general practitioners, internists, and nurse practitioners. It will allow these practitioners to feel comfortable caring for patients with skin conditions.
• Approximately 6.0 hours of pharmacology content.
• Bread & Butter Dermatology
• What’s This on My Skin?
• The Itchy Patient
• Pimple Popper MD: The Challenge of Acne
• Fungus Among Us
• Common Rashes in Children
• Cases Gone Wrong and Other Scary Stuff
• When It Isn’t Dermatitis
• Is This a Drug Rash?
• Easy Office Procedures
To register for this course, you will first need to set up a profile and login. Once logged in, return to this page and scroll to the bottom to select the sessions you would like to enroll in.
Residents, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners $525
Printed Syllabus $50
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the exhibit forms and submit to Kathy Fuqua.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate a variety of skin lesions, differentiating common and benign lesions from those which require more aggressive management.
- Recognize the need for appropriate sample technique and the role of pathology in directing management.
- Recognize and differentiate common rashes from those which can be life threatening, and determine when referral is indicated.
- Recognize and appropriately treat common dermatoses.
- Integrate the rationale and use of various topical and systemic therapies including corticosteroids, anti-fungals and antibiotics.
- Integrate knowledge of skin cancer management into practice.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 15.50 AAD
- 15.50 AAFP Prescribed
- 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™