Pain Medicine for the Non-Pain Specialist
This multidisciplinary course targets the integration of pain services across disciplines to address the national and international movement toward improved pain control in acute, chronic and cancer pain populations.
Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
Marco Island, Florida
To register for this course, you will first need to set up a profile and login. Once logged in, return to this page and scroll to the bottom to select which sessions you would like to enroll in.
General Session Registration Fees (March 16-19, 2016)
|Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, RN||$750|
Optional Workshop Registration Fees
|Palliative Care - Non Pain Symptom Management||Wednesday, March 16||$200|
|Hands-On Physical Exam Workshop||Wednesday, March 16||$200|
|Palliative Care - Critical Medical Conversations||Thursday, March 17||$200|
|Hands-On Injection Workshop||Thursday, March 17||$200|
|ABFM Self-Assessment Module - Pain Mgmt.||Friday, March 18||$200|
|Addiction Medicine for Primary Care Providers||Friday, March 18||$200|
The 2016 course is targeted towards non-pain specialists of all backgrounds, including general internal medicine, emergency medicine, neurology, family medicine, physiatrists, psychiatrists, hospitalists, advanced-practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and other non-pain specialists.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate patients with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).
- Apply appropriate tests to further clarify the clinical scenario and appropriately triage and treat symptoms of CRPS.
- Examine the mechanism of action (MOA) of buprenorphine
- Determine appropriate use of buprenorphine in patients with chronic pain.
- Assess the management of buprenorphine in patients requiring alternative pain medications.
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 30.25 AAFP Prescribed
- 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.50 Attendance