13th Annual Hospital Medicine for NPs & PAs 2021 - General Session - LIVESTREAM
Course Directors: James Newman, M.D., M.H.A., Andrew Herber, P.A.-C., Jennifer S. Palermo, P.A.-C., and Holly Schenzel, D.N.P., APRN, C.N.P.
May 12 - 14, 2021 - LIVESTREAM - CT
Hospital care models are transforming, and nurse practitioners and physician assistants play vital roles in the care delivery of hospitalized patients. Hospital Medicine for NPs & PAs fills your CME needs. This conference emphasizes clinical management of hospitalized patients in an interactive, case-based format with evidence-based lectures by experts in treatment pathways from admission to discharge.
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$500|
|Allied Health, NP, PA, Nurses, Retirees||$400|
This course is designed for internists, hospitalists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses and allied health from novice to experienced.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify current evidence based practice recommendations in specialties such as cardiology, infectious disease, nephrology, gastroenterology, and hospital medicine
- Describe when and how to initiate appropriate and timely consultation with specialty services
- Describe and discuss practice updates for patients with heart failure to decrease in-hospital mortality, length of stay, and improve patient outcomes
- Describe and discuss how to effectively assess and treat patients carrying an oncologic diagnosis
- Identify new chemotherapy/immunotherapy regimens used in cancer care
- Identify the impact of ongoing coronavirus pandemic from a clinical, psychosocial, and administrative standpoint
- Describe treatment strategies for patients hospitalized with COVID-19
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 18.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 18.75 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 18.75 AAPA Category 1
- 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 18.75 ANCC
- 18.75 Attendance
This course offers the opportunity for commercial companies to showcase their latest innovations and share information on products and services with attendees and faculty in a virtual environment. If you have any questions or are interested in exhibiting at this course, please contact Cathy Schilling or complete the letter of agreement form below.