This course offers Live (In-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options.
Selected Topics in Rheumatology (STiR) 2024 is a 3-day postgraduate course designed to update clinicians on a curated range of relevant rheumatology topics related to the busy rheumatology clinician across various rheumatology sub-disciplines. The course draws together experts and experienced clinicians from multiple sub-disciplines including inflammatory arthritis, vasculitis, systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis, and idiopathic inflammatory myopathies. Through a combination of lectures, literature and guideline review, and interactive discussion during breaks to discuss cases with course participants, STiR delivers up-to-date and cutting-edge information to be directly integrated into clinical practice.
This course is designed for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, fellows and allied health professionals.
- Compare pearls and pitfalls in tailoring individualized rheumatoid arthritis treatment arising in context of common clinical problems, complex co-comorbidities, and difficult-to-treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Recognize psoriatic arthritis clinical phenotypes and individualize optimal treatment.
- Review the latest advances in disease activity assessment formulations in axial spondylitis.
- Identify recently approved biologic treatment for polymyalgia treatment.
- Recognize the complex heterogeneity of VEXAS syndrome and autoinflammatory diseases.
- Select novel biologic agents for the management of ANCA-associated vasculitis.
- Summarize the significance of the IPAF designation in the greater context of ILD in rheumatic disease.
- Identify emerging data on CAR-T cells in the treatment of systemic autoimmune disease.
- Identify how to use belimumab, voclosporin, and anifrolumab in clinical practice.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The special room rate for the conference is $155.00.
The above-noted rates are plus tax for single occupancy. Each additional person will be charged a rate of $30.00 per person, per night.
A processing fee is applied to phone reservations; it is recommended you reserve your room using the dedicated website link. The reservation phone number is 1 (800) 223-7277; indicate you are reserving a room in group code SCMAY4, Mayo Clinic Selected Topics in Rheumatology.
A daily resort fee of $45.95 per room, per night plus the current occupancy room tax will be charged in addition to the room rates set forth above. This fee includes:
- Unlimited local phone calls (no long distance or international calls),
- Two (2) Guest admissions per day to the Fitness Center (does not include use of the spa),
- In-Room Internet access to include two (2) device per room per day (Property-wide roaming may be available for an additional fee),
- Unless otherwise specified, the resort fee will be posted to the individual’s room account. Taxes are subject to change without notice.
A limited number of rooms are reserved at this rate.
Reservations must be made by Monday, February 13, 2024, or before the group rooms are sold out, whichever comes first. Prevailing rates may apply after this date or when the group rooms are sold out, whichever occurs first. Rooms are subject to availability.
Group rates apply three days prior to and three days after the course dates, based on availability.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 18.75 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 18.75 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
|Total General Session
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 18.75 AAPA Category 1
- 18.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 18.75 ANCC
- 18.75 Attendance
Please update your profile to let us know if you have dietary restrictions or access requirements.
To claim credit for livestream participation in this course, learners must view the content during the hours posted for the live activity. This course is not approved for on-demand delivery.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.