Clinical Updates in Allergy and Immunology 2022
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options.
July 29 - 31, 2022 - Hotel Del Coronado - Coronado, California
Mayo Clinic's Clinical Updates in Allergy and Immunology held in Coronado, California, and via livestream, is designed to deliver a present-day understanding of allergic disorders with an emphasis on the translation of allergy knowledge to clinical practice. The focus for this year's course is food and gastrointestinal allergies, in addition to common allergy conditions. This structured theme-based program includes evidence-based and emerging clinical approaches presented by expert faculty from allergy, gastroenterology, dermatology and other medical specialties to provide a comprehensive and multidisciplinary perspective on allergic disorders.
This course is designed for allergists, internists, family medicine physicians, and pediatricians. Nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and others involved in primary care with a specific interest in allergy may also benefit from this course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the multidisciplinary intervention strategies for management of gastrointestinal related allergic disease including classical IgE mediated food allergy, non IgE food allergy, eosinophilic esophagitis, celiac disease and other common allergic conditions like atopic dermatitis, chronic urticaria, anaphylaxis, hypereosinophilic syndrome and asthma.
- Recognize specific clinical features, diagnosis and management of non IgE mediated food allergies and how they differ from IgE food allergies
- Describe the indications, appropriate patient selection and side effects of recent FDA approved medications in allergy, as well as emerging therapeutics for management of allergic disease.
- Summarize updates and clinical practice strategies in the areas of asthma, adult and pediatric food allergy, COVID/allergy issues, celiac disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, primary immune deficiency, chronic rhinosinusitis, anaphylaxis, adult and pediatric asthma, vocal cord dysfunction, autoinflammatory syndromes, chronic urticaria along with other common allergic diseases.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guests are welcome to make their reservations by calling 1-800-468-3533 and mentioning the group code MAYOAI or using the link below:
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 15.25 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit
participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 15.25 ABIM
- 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 15.25 Attendance