COVID-19 Therapeutics in 2022: Advances and Controversies in Evidence, Oversight, Accessibility, and Utility of Therapy: No Credit
February 26, 2022 - LIVESTREAM - CT
This livestream event seeks to educate and update clinicians, researchers, healthcare executives, and policy makers on the current state of therapeutic options for COVID-19 in 2022. This course will focus on the evolving utility of and data supporting the use of convalescent plasma in COVID-19 patients. The current regulatory framework and expanded access program will be discussed. In addition, indications, advances in, and appropriate candidates for monoclonal antibody therapy for at risk patients will be reviewed. The steps to build and manage the infusion program designed to treat the local area surrounding Mayo Clinic will be highlighted. Finally, a review of the latest data regarding the safety, efficacy, and future directions of vaccination for COVID-19 prevention will be given.
This activity is intended for healthcare providers treating patients with COVID-19. It is designed for physicians, scientist researcher PHDs, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, residents, fellows and students.
- Review the use of convalescent plasma for treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Describe how to make use of convalescent plasma for treatment of COVID-19 patients and how this has changed over the past year.
- Discuss the current outcomes data for the use of convalescent plasma for treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Give examples of support options for clinicians for the use of plasma and resources for sending their patients to donate.
- Describe criteria to select patients that would benefit from monoclonal antibody infusions.
- Interpret the safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccination so that one can educate and reassure the public and encourage vaccination.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 3.75 Attendance