Endocrine Update 2019
Designed for endocrinologists and interested internists and surgeons, Endocrine Update addresses gaps in medical knowledge and barriers in clinical practice to improve the outcomes of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders. Topics span the full range of endocrinology through lectures, debates, panel discussions, clinicopathologic sessions, clinical pearls sessions, informal breakfast roundtable discussions and small-group discussions with experts. Attendees have plenty of opportunity for interaction with the course faculty, who are selected for their expertise and clinical acumen.
- Case-based, interactive model that highlights multidisciplinary sessions in endocrine diseases and endocrine cancers, laboratory testing, disorders of calcium and bone, diabetes and obesity
- Interactive tumor board sessions, with opportunities for case submissions from attendees (see below for more details and to submit your case)
- Opportunities to interact with course faculty during breakfast roundtable discussion and small group discussions
- Apply what you learn immediately into your practice
- New! Access to course recordings after the course
Submitting a case for the Tumor Board Sessions is now closed. We are reviewing all submissions and hope to have our final decision on or before December 21, 2018.
Tumor Case Guidelines
We invite you to take advantage of a unique opportunity and be a presenter at our Oncology Board Sessions held on Monday February 11th and Wednesday February 13th!
Participants are encouraged to submit a case that presents a diagnostic and/or therapeutic challenge in the management of endocrine tumors and/or cancers (thyroid, neuroendocrine) to a panel of experts. Our experts represent the fields of endocrinology, surgery, pathology and oncology. Our panelists will share their expertise and unique insights about your case. We are confident this session will be a great learning opportunity for all. Cases can represent a broad range of common and/or uncommon endocrine tumors, such as cytology of thyroid nodules or questions on the management of metastatic thyroid cancers or adrenal tumors.
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Scientist||$1,099|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP,PA, Allied Health Professional||$ 950|
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the attached exhibit forms. If you have any questions, please contact Kris Jones
This course is designed for endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons and interested internists.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the patient with thyroid cancer that would benefit from less aggressive treatment as determined from pathology findings.
- Recognize the patient that would benefit from Medical Oncology consultation for the management of advanced thyroid cancer.
- Apply novel diabetes technology in the management of diabetes.
- Demonstrate recent guidelines in their practice for the management of hypoparathyroidism.
- Recognize factors and treatment options for the management of the patient gaining weight after bariatric surgery.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the Fairmont Orchid. See below for the various rates that are being offered. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of January 11, 2019, whichever comes first. After January 11, 2019, reservations will be taken based on space and rate availability.
Room Rates (Single/Double):
Garden View: $299
Partial Ocean View: $319
Ocean View: $359
There is no charge for children under eighteen (18) years of age sharing the same room with their parents and utilizing existing bedding. There will be an additional charge of $75.00 per night, plus tax beginning with the third adult (18 years or older) in a room. The maximum number of persons per room is four (4) adults or two (2) adults and two (2) children.
Online Reservations: https://book.passkey.com/go/2019endocrineupdate
Phone Reservations: 1-800-845-9905
Daily Resort Charge ($15):
The daily resort charge of $30 is discounted at a rate of $15 per room per night plus tax for all attendees staying at the resort. The fee includes the following:
- Unlimited basic internet access in guest rooms and resort public areas
- Self-parking for one vehicle per room
- Local, domestic long distance and 1-800 access calls from your guest room
- In-room bottled water, refreshed daily at turndown
- 24-hour access to the fitness center
- On-demand shuttle transportation within the Mauna Lani Resort.
- Snorkel equipment rental (based on up to two sets per room, per day)
- Various cultural activities (canoe rides, daily arts and crafts, hikes, tide pool and snorkel introductions)
- 10% discount on published pricing for Fairmont Orchid Luau
- 45-minute photo shoot on the screen grounds of Fairmont Orchid with Pacific Dream Photography (subject to availability).
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of CPD is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
Travel, lodging, and parking arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Mayo Clinic School of CPD is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registrant such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 23.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 23.25 ABIM
- 23.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 23.25 Attendance