Endocrine Update 2022
This course offers LIVE (in person) and LIVESTREAM attendance options.
Live (in-person) attendance: January 24 - 28, 2022 - Hyatt Regency Maui - Lahaina, Hawaii
Livestream (virtual) attendance: January 24 - 25 and 27 - 28, 2022
Designed for endocrinologists and interested internists and surgeons, this course addresses gaps in medical knowledge and barriers in clinical practice to improve the outcomes of patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders. This program consists of lectures, small group breakout sessions, and panel Q&A discussions focusing on best practices, barriers to optimal patient outcomes and new approaches to the evaluation and management of complex and common endocrine disorders.
This course is designed to meet the professional needs of practicing endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, and interested internists who care for adults with endocrine disorders.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the patient who would benefit from SGLT 2 inhibitors or GLP-1 analogs in the management of chronic kidney disease
- Recognize when surgical management of prolactinomas offers benefits beyond medical treatment
- Evaluate the application of radiofrequency ablation for the management of benign thyroid disease
- Decide how to optimize bone health in patients with osteoporosis undergoing orthopedic procedures
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic is closely monitoring COVID-19 prevalence and may adjust live course attendance limits as necessitated by CDC, public health and other relevant guidelines. Attendees are asked to comply with all live course and conference guidelines.
Please review the following links related to Hawaii travel, screening, and digital health pass:
This course offers LIVE (in-person) and LIVESTREAM (virtual) attendance registration options.
Limited space is available for in-person attendance. If the situation for in-person attendance changes, we are planning a LIVESTREAM only course on the same days. Live in-person attendance at this course may require adherence to specific COVID-19 regulations and guidelines. Please refer to the course web page frequently for updates
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa starting at $325/night. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before December 22, 2021, or before the room block fills. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Endocrine Update course when making your reservation.
Reservations are based on space and rate availability. Hotel requires a 2-night deposit and cancellation notice of 30 days prior to arrival for refund. A daily resort fee of $10 per room, per night, plus tax will apply.
For phone reservations, call 1-800-233-1234 and provide group code: ENDO.
Daily Resort Charge ($10)
There is a daily resort charge of $10 per room, per night, plus tax for use of resort activities and amenities. These include the following:
- Two reusable keepsake water bottles, per room, per stay, upon arrival
- Filtered water and ice machines located on every guestroom floor and throughout the resort
- 24-hr access to oceanfront Stay Fit Gym
- Complimentary cultural programs including lei making and hula lessons
- Wildlife tours, penguin and koi feedings
- Complimentary yoga/fitness classes daily
- Resort shuttle service in Ka'anapali
- One-hour daily tennis or basketball court time, tennis balls, racquets, and basketballs included
- PressReader: access to more than 2000 full-content international and local newspapers and magazines from over 100 countries on your table or smartphone
- 10% off Macy's at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort
- 25% discount on Greens Fees at Ka'anapali Golf Course (Royal and Kai Courses)
- Complimentary Beach Portrait Session and 5x7 print from Grins2Go at Hyatt Regency Maui
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registration such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 24.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 17.75 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.75 ABIM
- 24.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 24.50 Attendance
This course offers the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please contact us.
In-Person Commercial Support
Virtual Commercial Support
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.