Mayo Clinic Talks COVID-19 Miniseries Episode 1: How to Respond and What the Numbers Really Mean
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast #125
Dr. Pritish Tosh, a Mayo Clinic infectious disease, emergency preparedness, pandemic planning, and biodefense expert; gives a concise overview of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) and what the numbers really mean.
This course is intended for primary care providers: physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
Upon completion of this Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast episode, learners should be able to:
- Recall how to respond when a patient presents with febrile respiratory illness
- Summarize the significance of epidemiologic statistics in understanding the severity of the 2019-nCoV outbreak
- Recall similarities and differences between Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and 2019-nCoV
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.25 Attendance
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, contact us or call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688.
Click here to view the online course Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.