Mayo Clinic Talks COVID-19 Miniseries Episode 14: An Overview of Pulmonary Critical Care for COVID-19 Patients
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast #149
Mayo Clinic Employees - no charge. Login with your Mayo Clinic email to access this offer.
Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Resources for Providers
Fleischner Society Guidelines
The Berlin Definition
This course is intended for primary care providers: physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast episode, learners should be able to:
- Recall the recommendations for utilization of imaging as a screening tool for COVID-19
- Recall evidence-based recommendations for proning in the setting of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Recall recommendations around the use of corticosteroids as a treatment modality for COVID-19
- Recall the role, degree, and duration of hypoxemia as a driver in the significance of respiratory failure in COVID-19
- Recall the impact high-level infection control practices and isolation can have on the development of post-ICU care syndrome
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.75 Attendance
Thank you for joining us!
Everything you need to complete this course is listed in the Course Progress column on this page's left-hand side. This handy checklist has all of the course components needing completion. Do them in any order, but completion of all is required for credit.
For cancellation details, contact email@example.com