Mayo Clinic Talks COVID-19 Miniseries Episode 3: Inside an Outbreak – Expert Perspective
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast #127
What is it like in the field during an outbreak? What global response lessons have we learned from SARS and Ebola? Dr. Colin Bucks discusses how access to information accelerates response time in present-day outbreaks and the role public education, infrastructure, disparities, and access to supplies, plays in helping to contain one.
This course is intended for primary care providers: physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
Upon completion of this Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast episode, learners should be able to:
- Recall significant differences between 2019-nCoV, MERS, and SARS
- Recall the importance of respiratory precautions and high consequence infectious disease protocols
- Recall the difference between endemic infections, outbreaks, epidemics, and pandemics
- Recall the recommendations for the collection of laboratory specimens of suspected 2019-nCoV cases
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 Attendance
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, contact us or call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688.
Click here to view the online course Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.