Mayo Clinic Talks COVID-19 Miniseries Episode 5: SARS-CoV-2 and The Valley of Death
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast #134
Mayo Clinic Employees - no charge. Login with your Mayo Clinic email to access this offer.
Why are we seeing different severity and mortality rates as COVID-19 moves from country to country? Where are we at currently in regard to a COVID-19 vaccine? What does the pathway look like moving forward? Dr. Greg Poland lays out what you need to know about immunity and coronaviruses.
Watch the video on GIBLIB for free!
Also available from Dr. Colin Bucks
This course is intended for primary care providers: physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
Upon completion of this Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast episode, learners should be able to:
- Recall potential influences leading to the differing severity and mortality rates as COVID-19 moves from country to country
- Recall longevity of a typical immune response to circulating seasonal coronaviruses
- Recall opportunities created from the rapid availability of genetic information about SARS-CoV-2
- Recall the process of vaccine development in the United States
- Recall the role of systems biology in Immunomics, Vaccinomics, and Adversomics
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 Attendance
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, contact us or call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688.
Click here to view the online course Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.