Mayo Clinic Talks COVID-19 Miniseries Episode 8: Azithromycin and Hydroxychloroquine
Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast #140
Mayo Clinic Employees - no charge. Login with your Mayo Clinic email to access this offer.
Chloroquine emerged as an early COVID-19 treatment option in China and there has been increasing interest in the use of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. What data is available for the safety and efficacy of the drugs in the fight against SARS-CoV-2? Dr. Christina Rivera and Dr. Ryan Stevens provide a breakdown of recent research.
This course is intended for primary care providers: physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
Upon completion of this Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast episode, learners should be able to:
- Recall the suspected mechanism of action for hydroxychloroquine in treatment of COVID-19
- Recall the proposed pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics for hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID-19
- Distinguish between the acute versus chronic effects of hydroxychloroquine use
- Recall the impact of widespread usage of azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine for treatment of COVID-19 on the treatment of other infectious diseases
Participation in this Mayo Clinic online course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 Attendance
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Start Course button at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill out the evaluation form and claim credit.
- If you need additional assistance, contact us or call our toll-free number, 1-800-323-2688.
Click here to view the online course Cancellation and Refund Policy.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.