Rheumatology Webinar Series - Recorded Webinar
|February 21, 2024 10:30am MST
Mayo Clinic Telehealth in Rheumatology Education Series
This education series is based in the three shields of patient care, education, and research. It aims to provide learners with strategies on how best to use telehealth in many aspects of complex care for rheumatological conditions. The series will be moderated by Vivek Nagaraja, MBBS, MD FACR. The speakers will be experts in Telehealth / Telemedicine from around the country. The registration for this webinar is mandatory and free of cost.
- Rheumatology health care professionals including physicians, researchers, educators, trainees (fellows / residents), nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Some of the content goes beyond rheumatology to other specialties as that are common themes pertaining to Telemedicine / Telehealth
Moderator: Vivek Nagaraja, MBBS, MD FACR, associate professor of medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, chair, Division of Rheumatology
- Recognize the best practices in the application of telehealth in the care of chronic rheumatic diseases.
- Identify the opportunities/gaps in the routine implementation of telehealth.
- Examine how to bridge these gaps.
- Identify the impact of telemedicine in favorably influencing patient outcomes.
- Examine the mechanics of conducting an ideal and successful telehealth call.
- Describe technological options for underserved populations.
Utilization of this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be in this course.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.