Sleep Fundamentals LIVESTREAM - Precourse Session
Mayo Clinic Sleep Medicine Update is the first CME course from Mayo Clinic pertaining entirely to sleep medicine. This livestream course is designed for practitioners in the field of sleep medicine including established providers, new practitioners, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. Drawing on the wealth of cases across the three geographic Mayo Clinic sleep centers, our expert faculty mirror the multidisciplinary approach to the practice of sleep medicine. This case-based format and open question and answer sessions provide a unique and practical resource for sleep medicine providers. A pre-course session on fundamentals of sleep medicine will occur Thursday, April 15, 2021.
|Sleep Fundamentals Precourse Session - April 15, 2021||$200|
This course is relevant for sleep medicine specialists including MD’s, DO’s, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, internists and family medicine specialists, pediatric sleep medicine practitioners and general pediatricians, ENT specialists with interest in sleep apnea, psychiatrists with interest in insomnia, neurologists with interest in sleep associated neurological diagnoses and sleep administrators and practice managers.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Examine phrenic nerve stimulation in management for central and complex sleep apnea
- Differentiate modalities and pathways for positive airway pressure therapy in complex sleep apnea, chronic respiratory failure and obesity hypoventilation syndrome
- Recognize operations of sleep practice and laboratory in the era of COVID
- Analyze tele technology in post COVID practice of sleep medicine including opportunities, challenges, and successes
- Review wearable sleep technology and its use in diagnostics and management
- Identify strategies in managing insomnia
- Examine the effectiveness and dosing of new medications in hypersomnia
- Review medication and behavioral strategies in the management of refractory restless legs syndrome
- Review updates in research and management of REM Behavior Disorder (RBD) and neurodegenerative diseases
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 5.25 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 5.25 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 5.25 ABIM
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 5.25 ANCC
- 5.25 Attendance