STiR: Selected Topics in Rheumatology 2022 -LIVE
This course offers Live (in person) and LIVESTREAM (virtual) attendance options.
The course will officially begin at 8:00 a.m. (MST), Thursday, February 24.
Course Directors: Kenneth J. Warrington, M.D., Ali A. Duarte Garcia, M.D., John M. Davis, III, M.D., Michael M. Pham, M.D.
February 24, 2022 to February 26, 2022 - Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas - Scottsdale, Arizona
Selected Topics in Rheumatology (STiR) is a 3-day postgraduate course designed to update clinicians on a curated range of relevant rheumatology topics focused on cardiac and vascular involvement in autoimmune rheumatic diseases (ARD). The course draws together experts in the fields of rheumatology, cardiology, vascular medicine and pulmonology to address the heterogeneous manifestations and complications of various rheumatic diseases with a focus on clinical pearls and practice updates. Through a combination of lectures, literature and guideline review, and interactive discussion during breaks to discuss cases with course participants, STiR delivers up-to-date and cutting-edge information to be directly integrated into clinical practice.
|M.D., DO, Ph.D||$500|
|Allied Health, Nurses, Residents and Retirees||$450|
This course is designed for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents, fellows and allied health professionals.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize traditional and non-traditional risk factors predicting risk of cardiovascular disease and poor outcomes in patients with ARDs
- Select optimal screening and evaluation tests for cardiovascular assessment in ARDs
- Formulate a management plan to mitigate modifiable cardiovascular risk factors in ARDs
- Formulate an appropriate treatment for pericarditis in patients with ARDs
- Review the risk and risk factors of treatment failures with NOACs in the management of patients with thrombotic manifestation of antiphospholipid syndrome
- Describe the use of video capillaroscopy in ARDs
- Formulate a treatment plan for digital ulcerations based on risk assessment and stratification
- Review the management of pulmonary hypertension treatment in patients with ARDs
- Select appropriate imaging technologies for the initial and follow up evaluation of vascular integrity in patients with large vessel vasculitis.
- Select novel biologic agents for management of giant cell arteritis and ANCA-associated vasculitis.
- Review how to formulate a treatment plan for remission maintenance in patients with vasculitis.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the cut-off date of January 23, 2022, whichever comes first. After January 23, 2022, reservations will be taken on space and rate availability.
The resort fee has been discounted to $15 (plus tax) per room, per night.
Click hereto make your reservation online. You may also call 480-948-7750 to make your reservation. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Selected Topics in Rheumatology Course when making your reservation.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 16.50 Attendance
Mayo Clinic is committed to taking care of you and your patients as we continue to navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
To best protect our communities, learners, and staff, effective September 1, 2021, all live (in-person) course attendees must comply with two new requirements:
- Provide proof of vaccination prior to event admission.
- You must be logged in to ce.mayo.edu to upload your documentation.
- Submit your vaccination documentation here.
- Complete COVID-19 testing and provide attestation that a negative test result was received within 72 hours or less of the event start OR provide attestation that a lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 test result was received within the previous 90 days, that it has been at least 10 days since the positive test, and that you are currently asymptomatic.
- You must be logged in to ce.mayo.edu to complete the attestation.
- Submit your attestation here.
Anyone who does not fulfill the above requirements will be unable to attend the live (in-person) event.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.