Mayo Clinic Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation 2020
March 19 - 21, 2020 - Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando™ - Orlando, Florida
The Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation is a two-day symposium designed to update participants on a range of nephrology topics relevant to current medical practice. Through a combination of lectures, literature review, and case-based presentations, this symposium will deliver up-to-date and cutting edge information that can be directly integrated into clinical practice.
- Latest evidence-base knowledge in nephrology and transplant medicine
- Audience participation in case-based discussions utilizing interactive case-based approaches
- Pharmacology contact hours available
- Networking opportunities
This program is endorsed by the following organizations:
This program is endorsed by the American Society of Transplantation
Endorsed by the American Society of Nephrology
On or Before
February 19, 2020
Physicians and Scientists
|APRNs, PAs, Pharmacists, Residents, Fellows and Retirees||$300||$400|
|RNs, CCHT, and Transplant Coordinators||$200||$300|
Call for Abstracts- Deadline Extended January 31, 2020
As part of the Mayo Clinic Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation course, an e-Poster session for presentation of original research and challenging cases dedicated to the fields of nephrology, transplant and hypertension will be held at this meeting. Abstracts can be submitted in the following formats:
- Research: The conference will also review randomized trials, outcome studies, potential practice innovations, basic and translational research, as well as health economics of patient care. Also research into systems-based practice innovation or improvements will be reviewed for acceptance.
- Challenging Cases. These may include challenging clinical cases encountered in practice (ie., case reports) of those encountered in clinical practice.
Posters will be peer-reviewed. Accepted abstract recipients will be notified by email after the deadline, Friday, January 31, 2020. At least one of the authors must register and attend the conference. Please email FLA CME Abstracts for additional details.
This course is intended for members of the nephrology community and will be of interest to nephrologists, nephrology trainees, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, primary care physicians and other specialists who participate in the care of patients with kidney disorders and kidney and/or pancreas transplants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- List new practice changing developments in nephrology, hypertension and transplantation
- Summarize the current clinical practice guidelines for nephrology
- Recognize the complex clinical presentations of patients with renal disorders
- Identify current therapies for renal disorders
- Cite the evidence based screening guidelines for renal disorders
- Examine recent advances and changes in clinical practice
- Describe treatment and pathophysiological relationships of renal diseases
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Update: The Loews Royal Pacific Resort room block has SOLD OUT. We have reserved a limited number of additional rooms at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort which is attached to the conference center. Once that room block has sold out, alternate accommodations can be found below.
Rooms are reserved for attendees and their guests at the group rate starting at $269 per night plus applicable taxes. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block sells out or before the expiration date of February 27, 2020, whichever comes first. The discounted rate is available three days prior and three days after the course dates based upon availability of group rooms at the time of the request.
To receive the discounted rate, call 1-833-243-4729 and identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Nephrology course or book your hotel online.
The hotel is offering discounted self-parking at a rate of $15.00 per vehicle per day (tax not included) for all attendees of the group. Complimentary access to entertainment venues, such as Red Coconut Club®, Bob Marley – A tribute to Freedom, Pat O’Brien’s®, CityWalk’s Rising Star and the groove at Universal’s CityWalk, will be given to each attendees for each night of the group dates. Each attendee’s room key works as a CityWalk Party Pass to access these venues.
Rooms are limited; we encourage early booking.
Stay in the heart of the excitement of Universal Orlando Resort™ and enjoy exclusive resort-wide benefits you can’t receive staying anywhere else. It’s the best way to experience Universal Orlando™.
Guests of ALL Universal Orlando On-site Hotels Enjoy:
- Early Park Admission† to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and select attractions at Volcano Bay™ water theme park, one hour before the theme parks open (valid theme park admission required)
- Complimentary water taxis or shuttle buses that take you directly to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay and CityWalk™
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key card
- Complimentary delivery of merchandise purchased throughout the resort to your hotel
- Complimentary access* to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk™ for the length of stay.
- Universal Orlando character appearances with some of your favorite theme park characters
- Start your day with a wake-up call from one of your favorite Universal Orlando characters
- Golf Universal Orlando™ program offers an exclusive program for golfers that enables guests to take to the links during their stay. You can reserve a perfect tee time, arrange for complimentary transportation* to and from select courses and more. For more information please contact the Universal Orlando Ticket Center in the hotel lobby.
Guests of Loews Royal Pacific Resort enjoy:
- FREE Universal Express Unlimited™ ride access^ to SKIP THE REGULAR LINES in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure—a benefit worth up to $129 per person, per day^^ (valid theme park admission required. Available at select on-site hotels.)
- Priority seating at select restaurants throughout both theme parks and enjoy first available seating at select Universal Orlando and Universal CityWalk™ restaurants.
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Universal Cabana Bay
6550 Adventure Way
Universal Adventura Hotel
6725 Adventure Way
Hard Rock Hotel
5800 Universal Blvd
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
|https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/loews-portofino-bay-hotel||5601 Universal Blvd|
Travel and lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 15.5 AOA Category 2-A credits.
This Live activity, Mayo Clinic Southeastern Clinical Update in Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation 2020, with a beginning date of 03/06/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 15.25 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.5 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 15.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
“Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 15.5 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS."
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here.
- 15.25 AAFP Prescribed
- 15.50 AAPA Category 1
- 15.50 ABIM
- 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 15.50 ANCC
- 15.50 AOA Category 2-A
- 15.50 Attendance
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibit space during this course, please contact Florida Exhibits.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.