Rhoton-de Oliveira: Microsurgical and Endoscopic Approaches for Skull Base and Aneurysms 2023
Course Co-Directors: Vicent Quilis Quesada, M.D., Ph.D., Vanessa Milanese Holanda Zimpel, M.D., Ph.D., and Mateus Reghin Neto, M.D.
May 22 - 26, 2023 - Mayo Clinic Simulation Center - Jacksonville, Florida
- Review of surgical approaches and operative techniques pertaining to surgical treatment of skull base lesions such as skull base tumors, cerebral aneurysms, and other disorders
- Combines both microscopic and endoscopic techniques with simulated micro-anastomosis training session to improve microsurgical skills
- Intensive hands-on cadaver dissection sessions, covering a broad spectrum of transcranial approaches
- Participants will work in teams on prepared injected fixed specimens under the guidance of a distinguished expert Faculty
This course is designed for neurosurgery medical providers at various stages of their careers including residents, fellows, attendings nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the major skull base approaches to various neurosurgical and vascular disorders affecting the skull base and brain
- Determine the appropriate approaches and microsurgical techniques for treatment of complex aneurysms and complex skull base lesions
- Identify complex surgical approaches for pretemporal, cavernous sinus and far lateral approaches
- Demonstrate proficiency in techniques during hands-on sessions on cadaveric specimens to improve skills
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The J. Wayne and Delores Barr Weaver Simulation Center at Mayo Clinic's Florida campus is located in the Stabile North building on the 8th Floor. Parking is available in multiple lots near the Stabile North Building on W.M. Davis Parkway at no charge. Additional parking is available in the Mayo patient/visitor ramp adjacent to the Davis Building on Mayo Boulevard. The cost for parking is not included in the registration fee.
For those seeking off-campus oceanfront accommodations:
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
200 Ponte Vedra Blvd.
Ponte Vedra, FL 32082
Located 6 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
One Ocean Resort & Spa
1 Ocean Blvd
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Located 8 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
1000 PGA Tour Blvd
Ponte Vedra Beach FL, 32082
Located 10 miles from the Mayo Clinic Campus
For those seeking on-campus accommodations:
Courtyard Jacksonville at the Mayo Clinic Campus
14390 Mayo Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32224
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) is located 45 minutes from Mayo Clinic. Taxis and rental cars are readily available at the airport. Travel and lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Transportation is highly recommended, as the campus is not within walking distance to dining locations. Attendees are responsible for their own reservations.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 45.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 45.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 45.00 Attendance
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, contact Florida Exhibits for more information.
View the Rhoton-de Oliveira: Microsurgical and Endoscopic Approaches for Skull Base and Aneurysms 2023 prospectus HERE