16th Annual Nutrition and Wellness in Health and Disease 2016
Nutrition, physical activity and other healthy lifestyle behaviors are vital components in the promotion of health and in the treatment of disease. This program will highlight ambulatory nutrition and wellness topics with multidisciplinary faculty. Current clinical topics will be highlighted through presentations, interactive case studies, and panel discussions. Participants will have many opportunities for interaction with course faculty, who have been selected for their expertise, knowledge and clinical acumen.
|Full Fee - M.D., D.O., and Scientist||$595.00|
|Reduced Fee - Resident, Fellow, Dietitian, NP, PA, Allied Health, and Retiree||$495.00|
|ABFM "Health Behavior" SAM||$200.00|
To register for this course, you will first need to set up a profile and login. Once logged in, return to this page and scroll to the bottom to select which sessions you would like to enroll in.
ABFM Self-Assessment Module Schedule
Lodging and Accommodations
This course offers the unique opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this course, please complete the attached exhibit forms and submit to Shannon Halvorson.
This course is designed for physicians (general internal medicine, family medicine, endocrinologists, and subspecialists interested in nutrition), advanced practice clinicians (nurse practitioners and physician assistants), dietitians and health and wellness specialists.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify a nutrition, physical activity, behavioral, surgical and/or pharmacologic approach for overweight and obese adult and pediatric patients
- Describe the benefits of physical activity
- Discuss the components of healthy eating for patients
- Identify helpful nutrition activities and diet applications
- Discuss common medical conditions associated with obesity
- Review the impact of food and activity topics portrayed in the media
- Recognize the importance of burnout among healthcare providers and approaches to the problem
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- 11.25 AAFP Prescribed
- 19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™