Mayo Clinic Neuro-Ophthalmology: Cases and Controversies 2023
September 29 - October 1, 2023 - Westin Kierland Resort & Spa - Scottsdale, Arizona
At this CME course, experts provide a review of and updates on the full spectrum of topics in clinical neuro-ophthalmology, including afferent (ischemic, inflammatory, infectious, compressive and hereditary optic neuropathies, select retinopathies, papilledema), efferent (diplopia and nystagmus), neuro-radiology and pupil dysfunction.
- Lectures by experts in neuro-ophthalmology, neurology, and optometry on clinical topics.
- Controversies are discussed by expert panelists with audience participation.
- Cases presented to the expert panelists and audience to discuss their practical approach to patient evaluation and management.
This course is designed for physicians who deal with neuro-ophthalmologic patients especially neurologists, ophthalmologists, optometrists, and neurosurgeons. Other interested practitioners may include internists, family care practitioners, emergency room physicians, and PAs.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the varied presentations of common neuro-ophthalmic disease
- Discuss newly described diseases and their connection to neuro-ophthalmology
- Describe the new diagnostic criteria, lab evaluation, and treatment of neuromyelitis optica
- Recognize recent advances in the treatment of optic neuritis
- Identify clinical presentations of and novel treatment for giant cell arteritis
- Discuss diagnosis and management of common neuro-ophthalmic emergencies
- Diagnose and evaluate potentially dangerous etiologies of diplopia
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Rooms at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa are reserved for attendees and their guests at the group rate of $299 per night plus resort fee and applicable taxes. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the expiration date of September 5, 2023; whichever comes first. Please reserve online via the Group Reservation Link or call 888-627-9076 to book your room.
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa has lowered their mandatory resort fee rate to $25.00 plus tax, per room, per night. The resort fee includes the following amenities:
- Resort Wide premium internet access in guest rooms, public areas, and meeting space.
- Any local, long distance (domestic) and 1-800 guest room calls.
- Access to Agave, The Arizona Spa facilities (guests must be at least 18 years or older).
- Run Concierge, and boot camp, yoga and Wellness Walk classes.
- Complimentary two-hour bike rental per registered guest per day, based on availability
- Tennis, Pickleball and Basketball court privileges, includes equipment rental.
- Expanded shuttle service to Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter shopping and dining districts. (For group transportation needs, additional costs will apply. Transportation must be arranged in advance)
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 17.75 AOA Category 2-A credits.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.00 COPE credit hours. Optometrists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC - ABPN
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed Mayo Clinic Neuro-Ophthalmology: Cases and Controversies 2023 and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive self-assessment program which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of maintenance of certification. This activity awards up to 17.75 Category 1 CME as Self-Assessment credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 17.75 ABPN
- 17.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 17.75 AOA Category 2-A
- 17.75 Attendance
- 16.00 COPE
On behalf of Mayo Clinic, Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development, and course directors, Eric R. Eggenberger, D.O. and Misha L. Pless, M.D., we hope you will consider a display opportunity at our Mayo Clinic Neuro-Ophthalmology: Cases and Controversies 2023, which is held September 29 - October 1, 2023, at Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ. Additional sponsorship opportunities are also available.
View the prospectus
If you are interested in participating, complete our Letter of Agreement.
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.
Please update your profile to let us know if you have dietary restrictions or access requirements.
To claim credit for livestream participation in this course, learners must view the content during the hours posted for the live activity. This course is not approved for on-demand delivery.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.