(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
Mayo Clinic "Teach the Teachers" Elbow Course - The 2021 Milestone Edition - LIVESTREAM
June 10- 12, 2021 - Mayo Clinic - LIVESTREAM
The Mayo Clinic "Teach the Teachers" Elbow Course is an advanced level online-only course designed for orthopedic surgeons with a special interest in elbow surgery. Various elbow conditions will be discussed, including:
- trauma and the sequelae of trauma such as stiffness
- non-unions and malunions
- arthritic conditions
- sport-specific pathologies including tendon and ligamentous disorders.
Highlights of this three-day livestream event include:
- live surgery and discussion from the OR hallways
- case-based discussion
- interactive cadaveric dissection
- interactive surgical videos illustrating the principles and techniques for effective treatment strategies
Bonus Q&A session on June 16 will be offered at three different times so attendees can participate when it works in their day.
Sessions will be moderated by an expert panel of Mayo Clinic faculty and special guests with live question and answer sessions.
|M.D., D.O., Ph.D.||$695.00|
|Resident, Fellow, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapist||$595.00|
This online livestream course is open to physicians, residents, fellows, physician assistants and physical therapists interested in advanced elbow surgery.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the indications for primary and revision TEA, design advantages and disadvantages, expected outcomes and pearls and pitfalls for accurate placement of TEA.
- Describe the indications, anatomy and techniques and potential complications for elbow arthroscopy.
- Describe the etiologies of contracture formation, anatomy and techniques for safely releasing elbow contractures and the potential complications of each approach.
- Recognize specific the sequelae and treatment options of fractures around the elbow, including nonunions, malunions and arthritis as they pertain to the outcomes and potential complications of each strategy.
- Describe the diagnostic modalities, indications, and treatment of sports injuries and current repair techniques to tendon injuries of the elbow.
- Diagnose, classify and describe treatment strategies of acute and chronic elbow instability.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
A link will be provided to the attendees about a week before the conference.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Health Care Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 19.00 Attendance
This course offers the opportunity for commercial companies to showcase their latest innovations and share information on products and services with attendees and faculty in a virtual environment. If you have any questions or are interested in exhibiting at this course, please contact Kari Koenigs or complete the letter of agreement form below.
Mayo Clinic W-9 Form Elbow Letter of Agreement Program Schedule
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.