6th Annual Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Summit: Care for the Athlete - LIVESTREAM
January 19 - 20, 2023 - Livestream - Mountain Standard Time
Mayo Clinic’s Sports Medicine Summit is a livestreaming CME course featuring evidence-based and cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment strategies for sports-related and musculoskeletal conditions with a concentrated focus on hip, knee, and foot/ankle conditions in the athlete. Additionally, we will feature a primary care update which will include lectures on COVID, sports Cardiology, platelet rich plasma (PRP) and concussion care. Faculty representing orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, radiology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, athletic training, and physical therapy will lead didactic and interactive case presentations and panel discussions.
This course is designed for athletic trainers, physical therapists and primary care physicians. Orthopedic surgeons, physiatrists, and other healthcare professionals interested in sports medicine may benefit from this program.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify current uses of ortho-biologics in hip, knee, and foot/ankle pathologies.
- Summarize the basics of ultrasound for diagnosis in hip, knee, and foot/ankle.
- Describe the most up-to-date COVID recommendations regarding cardiac clearance and athletic participation.
- Select the best treatment approach for 5th metatarsal (MT) stress reactions/stress fractures/fractures.
- Summarize the latest literature regarding anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) graft selection.
- Review the latest anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) rehab protocols.
- Review treatment options for hip femoroacetabular impingement (FAI).
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.