Frontiers in Addiction Treatment 2019 - Live Streaming
This course will provide an update for clinicians on the assessment and treatment of addictive disorders with an emphasis on the newest information relevant to practicing addiction treatment professionals. It will focus on the frontiers of evidence-based treatment of alcohol and drug use disorders in a range of treatment populations including adolescent and underserved groups. Topics will range from assessment techniques to novel psychosocial and pharmacologic treatment interventions. The Mayo Model of addiction treatment has long included state of the art psychiatric assessment and innovative treatment of co-morbid psychiatric disorders by a multidisciplinary team.
This course will discuss the implications of co-morbid psychopathology on addiction recovery and new models of incorporation of psychologic and psychiatric interventions into primary and post-primary addiction treatment.
Live Streaming Details
- Broadcast live in Central Time.
- Attend the course from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
- You are able to obtain the same number of credits that you would for attending the course in person.
- Approximately one week prior to the course, you will receive an email with login details.
- You are able to participate in the course by submitting your questions via the internet.
- At the conclusion of the course, complete the online evaluation, claim your credit, and receive your certificate of attendance.
- Watching the live streaming is required in order to receive credit for the course.
|Live Streaming (Broadcast live in Central Time)|
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$250|
|Reduced Fee: Nurses, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional(Counselor, Social Worker) Retiree||$150|
This course is designed for psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, licensed alcohol and drug counselors, as well as physicians and advanced practice providers in the areas of family medicine and internal medicine.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify appropriate utilization of medications to address severe opioid use disorder
- Identify how to address the media's impact on adolescents with substance use disorders
- Identify appropriate management strategies for individuals with marijuana use and medical co-morbidities
- Identify the appropriate utilization of pharmacogenomics in treatment of substance use disorders
- Identify evidence based medication management for the treatment of substance use disorders
- Identify management of health professionals with substance use disorders
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.50 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy for 7.50 hours of credit for LADCs.
This activity has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Social Work for 7.50 continuing education hours for Social Workers. Continuing Education (CE) Provider Approval CEP #991.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be available to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.50 ANCC
- 7.50 Attendance
- 7.50 LADC
- 7.50 SWKR
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.