Equity and Inclusion in Healthcare Conference 2019
Course Directors: Sharonne N. Hayes, M.D., John M. Knudsen, M.D., and Cathy H. Fraser, M.B.A.
Join the conversation on Twitter by following #MayoClinicEquity
This innovative multidisciplinary program is designed to empower those interested in advancing health equity and in supporting diversity and inclusion in the healthcare workforce. Participants and faculty include healthcare providers, individuals involved in talent acquisition and development, diversity and inclusion practitioners, supervisors, and hospital leadership and administrators. Participants have an opportunity to learn evidence-based processes that identify and address bias as it affects patient care, health equity and the workforce. Keynote presentations, roundtable discussions, and experiential workshops are led by topic experts.
The faculty represent diversity and inclusion cross-sector trailblazers within top companies and healthcare organizations. The program highlights strategies, policies, and practices shown to contribute to inclusive workplace environments and to enhance engagement, recruitment, development, advancement and retention of women and minorities. Social determinants of health, race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and other characteristics that contribute to health disparities are explored and methodologies to mitigate them are discussed. New this year, two themed mini-symposia on African Americans and women in the health care workforce and as patients.
- Keynote presentations, roundtable discussions and experiential workshops led by topic experts
- Focus on evidence-based processes to identify and address bias as it affects patient care, health equity and the workforce
- Participants examine their knowledge and beliefs on diversity and inclusion and gain insights into the rationale and importance of creating a culture of inclusion for employees and our patients
- Explore new skills and processes that reduce bias and increase recruitment, retention, promotion and development of women and minorities
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$600|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$475|
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
This course offers the unique sponsorship and exhibit opportunities for companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at this course, please complete the attached exhibit form below and submit to Julie Reed.
This program is intended for both Mayo and external audiences interested in advancing health equity and diversity and inclusion in healthcare, including healthcare providers, social workers, nurses, individuals involved in talent acquisition and development such as hiring managers (HR professionals), supervisors, hospital leadership and administrators, and diversity and inclusion practitioners.
- Summarize the effects of socioeconomic factors, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and other patient characteristics on health inequities and identify ways to mitigate them in your own practice or organization
- Explore solutions to some of the unique issues related to African Americans and women, two groups for whom equity has been elusive in healthcare settings, both as employees and as patients
- Describe the effect of patient and provider biases on healthcare outcomes; describe ways to mitigate the effect of these biases
- Summarize policies and practices that have been shown to contribute to inclusive workplace environments, and enhance recruitment, development, advancement and retention of women and minorities in the healthcare workforce
- Apply course learnings to create a more welcoming healthcare environment and improve the delivery of culturally appropriate care for increasingly diverse patient populations
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The reduced room rate for this conference is $239 + tax. Make your reservations directly with the hotel before the block is full or by October 2, 2019, whichever comes first. Indicate you are an attendee of the Mayo Clinic Equity & Inclusion Conference when making your reservation.
Reservations can be made by phone: 507-258-5757 or online directly into the group block; click here.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.50 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for up to 16 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. Course variation to obtain credits will be provided to participants onsite.
By attending the Equity and Inclusion in Healthcare conference offered by Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science participants may earn up to 13.50 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 13.50 ACHE
- 13.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.50 ANCC
- 13.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.