Equity and Inclusion in Healthcare Conference 2019 - General Session
Course Directors: Sharonne N. Hayes, M.D., John M. Knudsen, M.D., Cathy H. Fraser, M.B.A.
- Leading experts give keynote presentations and conduct roundtable discussions and experiential workshops
- Focus on evidence-based processes to identify and address bias as it affects patient care, health equity and the workforce
- Participants examine their own knowledge and beliefs on diversity and inclusion and gain insights into the rationale and importance of creating a culture of inclusion for employees and our patients
- New skills and processes that reduce bias and increase recruitment, retention, promotion and development of women and minorities are explored
|Full Fee: M.D., DO, Ph.D.||$600|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree||$475|
This program is intended for both Mayo and external audiences interested in advancing health equity and diversity and inclusion in health care, including health care providers, social workers, nurses, individuals involved in talent acquisition and development such as hiring managers (HR professionals), supervisors, hospital leadership and administrators, and diversity and inclusion practitioners.
- Summarize the effects of socioeconomic factors, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and other patient characteristics on health inequities and identify ways to mitigate them in your own practice or organization.
- Explore solutions to some of the unique issues related to African Americans and women, two groups for whom equity has been elusive in health care settings, both as employees and as patients.
- Describe the effect of patient and provider biases on healthcare outcomes; describe ways to mitigate the effect of these biases.
- Summarize policies and practices that have been shown to contribute to inclusive workplace environments, and enhance recruitment, development, advancement and retention of women and minorities in the healthcare workforce.
- Apply course learnings to create a more welcoming healthcare environment and improve the delivery of culturally appropriate care for increasingly diverse patient populations.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The reduced room rate for this conference is $239 + tax.
Opening Soon! Reservations can be made after June 1, 2019.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.50 ANCC nursing contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for up to 16 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. Course variation to obtain credits will be provided to participants onsite.
By attending the Equity and Inclusion in Healthcare conference offered by Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science participants may earn up to 13.50 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s), please go here to review disclosures.
- 13.50 ACHE
- 13.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.50 ANCC
- 13.50 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Request for cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When cancelling a registration for a course 14 days or more before the course start date, a full refund (minus a $75 administrative fee) will be issued in the same form of payment the registration was received. No refunds are granted less than 14 days before the course start date.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Online Registration.