Mayo Clinic Symposium on Regenerative Medicine & Surgery 2023
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options.
Poster abstract applications are being accepted. See below for information.
Course Director: Richard E. Hayden, M.D.
April 3 - 5, 2023 - Westin Kierland Resort and Spa - Scottsdale, Arizona
April 2, 2023 - Sunday evening reception at 5:00 p.m.
Mayo Clinic leaders strongly believe that regenerative science, medicine and surgery are vital pillars of tomorrow’s healthcare. By harnessing the potential of regenerative medicine, Mayo Clinic will create new models of healthcare and transform the practice of medicine and surgery. The unique character of Mayo Clinic’s Center for Regenerative Medicine is the expansive nature of its priorities with focus areas including advanced biomanufacturing, practice advancement in a multitude of specialties (i.e., orthopedics, oncology, cardiovascular medicine, neurosciences, and transplant) and workforce development.
The Mayo Clinic Symposium on Regenerative Medicine & Surgery 2023 features presentations on the latest advancements in regenerative biotherapeutics, regenerative medicine and surgery. Notable speakers include:
- Shinya Yamanaka, M.D., Ph.D., Nobel laureate and Director Emeritus of the Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA)
- Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) at the Food and Drug Administration
- Bruce L. Levine, Ph.D., President of the International Society for Cell & Gene Therapy, and Founding Director of the Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility (CVPF) in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Abramson Cancer Center, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Raghu Kalluri, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Chairman of the Department of Cancer Biology and the Director of the Metastasis Research Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Harald Ott, M.D., Associate Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School and a Thoracic Surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital
Networking opportunities are available and the symposium is open to specialists and non-specialists who are interested in regenerative medicine science, therapies and techniques.
Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce that poster abstracts are being accepted for consideration to the Mayo Clinic Symposium on Regenerative Medicine & Surgery. Abstracts will be accepted in the following categories:
- Regenerative Science
- Regenerative Technologies
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Application
- Workforce Development/Education/Training
- Quality & Regulatory
Submissions are due by January 31, 2023. Deadline to submit abstracts have been extended to February 17, 2023. Authors will be notified of the status of their submission the week of February 20, 2023.
This course is designed for researchers, physicians, resident fellows, and medical students interested in regenerative medicine.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe fundamental principles, tools, and platforms of regenerative medicine and how current techniques are being used to provide regenerative solutions to patients.
- Review the process leading to clinical utilization of regenerative therapeutics.
- Summarize steps to bring discovery into the community through commercialization and outreach.
- Identify the challenges to effective delivery of regenerative therapeutics.
- Describe the current state of the field of organ manufacturing.
- Examine the most recent innovations and solutions adopted in the fields of regenerative science.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
RESERVE YOUR ROOM AT THE WESTIN KIERLAND
A special room block rate of $379 (USD) with applicable city/state taxes, plus a $12 resort fee per room as well as a $25 non-commissionable daily resort fee (usually $35), per night, is available for course participants and guests.
Resort fee will cover amenities such as wifi, guest room calls, access to the spa facilities, complimentary 2-hour bike rental per registered guest per day, tennis-pickleball, and basketball court privileges (including equipment rental).
Gated self-parking is available for $10 for up to 10 hours or $20 for overnight parking.
Group rates apply 3 days prior and 3 days following the course dates, based upon space availability. To ensure accommodations, make your reservation before the room block fills or by Friday, March 10, 2023. Please make your reservations early to ensure accommodations at the discounted rate.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
|Richard E. Hayden, M.D.|
|Shinya Yamanaka, M.D., Ph.D.|
Nobel laureate and Director of the Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA)
Peter Marks, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) at the Food and Drug Administration
|Bruce L. Levine, Ph.D. |
President of the International Society for Cell & Gene Therapy, and Founding Director of the Clinical Cell and Vaccine Production Facility (CVPF) in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and the Abramson Cancer Center, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
|Raghu Kalluri, M.D., Ph.D. |
Professor and Chairman of the Department of Cancer Biology and the Director of the Metastasis Research Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center
|Harald Ott, M.D.|
Associate Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School and a Thoracic Surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other (live and livestream) activity for a maximum of 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Monday, April 3, 2023||1.92|
|Tuesday, April 4, 2023||4.00|
|Wednesday, April 5, 2023||3.17|
|Total Credit Available||9.00|
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 9.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.