Mayo Clinic Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation Update for the Clinician 2023
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options
February 17 - 19, 2023 - Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas - Scottsdale, Arizona
The Mayo Clinic Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation Update for the Clinician 2023 is a three-day symposium designed to update participants on a range of nephrology topics relevant to current medical practice. Through a combination of lectures, literature review, and case-based presentations, this symposium delivers up-to-date and cutting edge information that can be directly integrated into clinical practice.
- Latest evidence-based knowledge in nephrology, hypertension and transplant medicine
- Audience participation in case-based discussions utilizing interactive case-based approaches
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Workshop hands-on experience opportunity - Don't miss the Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Workshop on February 17, 2023! This hands-on ultrasound workshop combines short live lectures and real-time practice on live models to introduce you to the bedside application of portable ultrasound for nephrology practice. POCUS is rapidly becoming a commonplace bedside tool to improve timeliness and accuracy in internal medicine. Whether you are a physician, NP, or PA, this workshop seeks to provide the outpatient or inpatient nephrology provider with the fundamental knowledge and skills to incorporate POCUS into your practice.
- Pharmacology contact hours
- Networking opportunities
- Abstract Session
This program is endorsed by the following organizations:
ERA‘s endorsement is for the promotion of education in general, therefore the specific content of the event/course is the responsibility of the organiser.
Endorsed by the American Society of Nephrology.
Endorsed by the American Society of Transplantation.
Abstract Session - Deadline January 6, 2023
As part of the Mayo Clinic Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation Update for the Clinician 2023, a Poster Session for presentation of original research and challenging cases dedicated to the fields of Nephrology, Hypertension, and Transplant will be held at this meeting. Accepted abstract recipients will be chosen from all abstracts received by the submission deadline. Registration is required for all poster presenters. For further information email FLA CME Abstracts.
This course is intended for members of the nephrology community, including nephrologists, nephrology trainees, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, primary care physicians, pharmacist and other allied health professionals who participate in the care of patients with kidney disorders, and patients with a transplanted kidney or pancreas.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize practice-changing developments in nephrology, hypertension, and transplantation
- Describe case-based pathology and advances in the clinicopathological diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic glomerulonephritis
- Outline emerging roles of sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) agonists, and aldosterone antagonists in kidney diseases management
- Develop diagnostic and treatment approaches for challenging cases of electrolyte disorders
- Identify new therapies for renal disorders introduced in the past three years
- Summarize current advances in onco-nephrology
- Identify innovative dialysis approaches for acute kidney injury
- Recognize novel payment programs in dialysis
- Recognize complex clinical presentations of patients with allograft dysfunction
- Summarize management of immunological and non-immunological risk factors for allograft loss
- Discuss the role of noninvasive testing in renal allografts
- Perform point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS)
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Nestled in the shadows of majestic Camelback Mountain, the Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas is located in the heart of Scottsdale. A block of rooms has been reserved for attendees at a special rate of $339 per night plus applicable taxes and fees. Reservations must be made before the room block sells out or before the expiration date of January 25, 2023, whichever comes first. The discounted rate is available three days prior and three days after the course dates based upon availability of group rooms at the time of the request.
To receive the discounted rate please follow the LINK. Rooms are limited; we encourage early booking.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Amit Sood, M.D., M.S., FACP
The Global Center for Resiliency and Wellbeing
Lilian Monteiro Pereira Palma, M.D.
State University of Campinas
Associate Editor - Brazilian Journal of Nephrology
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 20.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 20.50 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this educational activity for a maximum of 20.50 ACPE Knowledge-based contact hours. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
UAN Number: JA0000238-0000-23-002-L01-P
This session offers 9.25 contact hour(s) in pharmacology or pharmacotherapeutic content. However, the final determination can only be confirmed by the licensing board or authoritative body that issued the requirement.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 20.50 AOA Category 2-A credits.
American Board of Internal Medicine MOC
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 20.50 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 20.50 AAPA Category 1
- 20.50 ABIM
- 20.50 ACPE
- 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.50 ANCC
- 20.50 AOA Category 2-A
- 20.50 Attendance
The course brings together a diverse mix of nephrologists, nephrology trainees, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, internists, primary care physicians, pharmacist and other allied health professionals who participate in the care of patients with kidney disorders, and patients with a transplanted kidney or pancreas.
If you are interested in exhibiting at this course please email Karen Steele.
|Thank you to the following exhibitors for their virtual support of this course:|
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.
*If you registered for the general session, please use coupon code POC23J01196 to receive a $100 discount on your registration for the Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) Workshop.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.