Mayo Clinic Urology Review - 2024
To register - Go to the 2024 Mayo Clinic Urology Review
As you may know, a devastating wildfire this summer caused loss of life and substantial destruction to the town of Lahaina, located in West Maui. We continue to extend our deepest condolences to the Maui community.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development and other Mayo Clinic leaders recently conducted a visit to the island of Maui to assess the island’s readiness to receive visitors and ensure optimum learning conditions for our live and livestream courses in the area.
We are pleased to share that Mayo Clinic has been invited back by the Maui community. Our visit found venues ready to receive guests and staff eager to welcome people back to their communities. Our presence on the island will help the island and its people recover financially and help the community continue to heal from the disaster.
As a result, we are moving forward with plans to hold this course as scheduled.
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options
February 5 - 9, 2024 - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa - Lahaina, Hawaii
This course provides urologists with a comprehensive update on the field of clinical urology. Our physicians are leaders in clinical research and in developing novel therapies that enhance our capability to offer the most advanced treatments of various urologic conditions. This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the diagnosis and management of many urologic diseases that have been dramatically influenced by recent medical, surgical and technical advances.
This course is designed for those in the field of clinical urology, including physicians, researchers, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe and recognize the utility of currently available biomarker panels for risk stratification of patients with newly diagnosed prostate cancer.
- Evaluate recent advances in imaging for, as well as local and systemic therapy of, advanced prostate carcinoma.
- Identify the roles of androgen deprivation therapy and treatment options for biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy.
- Recognize treatment outcomes after radiation for patients with prostate cancer.
- Discuss treatment options for female sexual dysfunction.
- Describe latest updates on evaluation and management of erectile dysfunction.
- Recognize the various management strategies for Peyronie’s disease and determine the factors which should be incorporated to individualize treatment approach.
- Recognize the surgical nuances of pelvic organ prolapse.
- Describe the pros and cons of renal mass biopsy and management of small renal masses.
- Assess the risks and benefits of partial nephrectomy and ablation for renal masses.
- Apply the techniques involved with minimally invasive renal surgery, including partial nephrectomy and nephroureterectomy, and be able to manage complications related to robotic renal surgery.
- Recognize the role of cytoreductive nephrectomy for kidney cancer.
- Evaluate the outcomes following targeted therapy and immunotherapy for patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma
- Create strategies for the surgical management of renal and ureteral stones.
- Recognize the options for the metabolic evaluation and medical management of patients with urolithiasis.
- Describe BCG-refractory disease and recognize the options for management available for these patients.
- Review the evidence supporting peri-operative chemotherapy as part of a multimodality treatment for invasive urothelial carcinoma.
- Identify options for managing (and avoiding) perioperative complications with radical cystectomy.
- Recognize the various surgical options for BPH, and be able to identify appropriate patients for minimally-invasive therapies of BPH.
- Create strategies for the management of male urinary incontinence.
- Review the diagnosis and management of anterior vaginal wall lesions.
- Discuss the causes and optimal management of sacral neuromodulation.
- Describe management and treatment options for recurrent urinary tract infections and prostatitis.
- Review standard care for the more common pediatric urologic emergencies.
- Review surgical principles in the management of patients with testicular cancer.
- Discuss the latest updates on COVID-19, vaccines, boosters, and variants.
- Review urologic work-up and follow-up for neurogenic bladder.
- Identify common dermatologic findings in the genitourinary exam.
- Discuss management of urinary stricture disease.
- Review the principles of urologic trauma management.
- Discuss medical-legal aspects of medicine.
- Identify the emerging role of professional development and effective communication in urology.
- Review updates on coding and billing in urology.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence
or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
WJ Weiser & Associates, Inc. is managing the guest room block for this event. Reservation information can be found on this website.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 22.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 22.50 Attendance
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
This course offers the unique opportunity for a variety of sponsorship opportunities, including the ability to interact with healthcare providers and highlight their products and services through an exhibit. Please see the sponsorship prospectus for full details. Additional information can be found on the Urology Review-specific Urology Connection site.
For more information, please contact the Mayo Clinic Urology Review Meeting Industry Relations Team:
Executive Director, Industry Relations
Account Manager, Industry Relations
To register - Go to the 2024 Mayo Clinic Urology Review
Please update your profile to let us know if you have dietary restrictions or access requirements.
To claim credit for livestream participation in this course, learners must view the content during the hours posted for the live activity. This course is not approved for on-demand delivery.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.