Mayo Clinic Stimulation Therapies for Epilepsy
Course Directors: Jamie J. Van Gompel, M.D. and Brian N. Lundstrom, M.D., Ph.D.
October 13 - 14, 2022 - Hilton Rochester Mayo Clinic Area - Rochester, Minnesota
Epilepsy treatment using stimulation therapies is a rapidly developing field of practice. Many established neurologists and neurosurgeons are not familiar with the latest technological and surgical advances. For example, providers may not be clear when invasive versus non-invasive therapies for epilepsy treatment are most appropriate or what options exist. Similarly, practitioners may not know how or when to apply vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) versus responsive neurostimulation (RNS) versus deep stimulation.
LIVE (in-person) attendees must comply with all live course requirements and guidelines and applicable state and local COVID-19 travel restrictions, guidance and resources.
Please note that all live course attendees must:
- Complete COVID-19 testing of any kind and provide attestation that a negative test result was received within 72 hours or less of the event start date or provide attestation that you received any positive COVID-19 test result within the previous 90 days, that it has been at least 10 days since COVID-19 infection, and that you are currently asymptomatic.
- Attest that you will comply with all safety requirements and that you understand the inherent risk associated with being in large groups of people.
- Complete your attestation here
Attendees who are not able to complete the above attestations are unable to attend the live (in-person) event.
Requirements and guidelines may be amended as CDC, public health and other relevant guidance are adjusted.
|Registration Fees||Early Bird Discount|
Prior to July 1, 2022
|After July 1, 2022|
|Allied Health, Nurses, Retirees||$825||$925|
This course is designed for Neurosurgeons, neurologists, internal medicine doctors and their teams.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the importance of neurostimulation to multidisciplinary epilepsy teams and patients.
- Demonstrate advanced programming techniques for VBS, RNS, and DBS.
- Describe advanced surgical techniques for placement of stimulation devices
- for epilepsy.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
For those seeking accommodations, some recommendations include but are not limited to:
10 East Center Street
150 South Broadway
Inquire with hotels about a possible Mayo Clinic business rate.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
|Jamie J. Van Gompel, M.D.||Brian N. Lundstrom, M.D., Ph.D.|
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 13.75 Attendance
The Mayo Clinic Stimulation Therapies for Epilepsy course is pleased to offer the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the following:
- Review the Exhibitor Prospectus
- Create an account/profile (or log-in if you already have one)
- Complete the Exhibitor Agreement Form
Contact us for additional information.