Psychiatry Clinical Updates 2023 - Live
Course Directors: Melanie T. Gentry, M.D. and Craig N. Sawchuk, Ph.D., L.P.
March 7 - 10, 2023 - Fairmont Orchid - Big Island, Hawaii
Mayo Clinic Psychiatry’s flagship course, Psychiatry Clinical Updates 2023, is aimed at providing clinically relevant updates for the management of psychiatric problems across the lifespan. Topics include updates and clinical pearls on mood and psychotic disorders, suicide, addiction, anxiety, perinatal psychiatry and eating disorders, as well as evidence-based psychotherapy and emerging pharmacotherapies. In addition, special topics relevant to current situations are presented.
This multidisciplinary course is intended for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists and other clinicians who see patients with mental health conditions. Providers from multiple specialties including psychiatry, psychology, family medicine, neurology, and primary care will benefit from attending this course.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze and discuss treatment strategies for major depression
- Describe evidence-based options for the treatment of bipolar disorder
- Identify strategies for the management and treatment of psychotic disorders
- Describe psychiatric and behavioral treatment approaches for special populations (e.g., perinatal anxiety, elderly, treatment-resistant)
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic is closely monitoring COVID-19 prevalence and may adjust live course attendance limits as necessitated by CDC, public health and other relevant guidelines. Attendees are asked to comply with all live course and conference guidelines.
Guest rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests with special course rates at the Fairmont Orchid Hotel. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before the room block is filled or before the cut-off date of February 3, 2023, whichever comes first. Attendees are limited to reserving 2 rooms at the discounted rate. The hotel will be comparing our conference registration names to reservations as these rooms are for attendees of the conference.
Click here to make your reservation online. You may also call 808-885-2000 to make your reservation. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic 2023 Psychiatry Clinical Update when making your reservation.
All rooms will be charged a $20 resort charge.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
As the Mauna Loa eruption is located at a distance from Fairmont Orchid (approximately 60 miles away), it does not pose a threat to the resort. Additionally at this time, lava is not flowing towards populated areas and does not pose a threat to communities. There is no reason at this time for travelers to change or alter their leisure or business plans. It’s business as usual on property and all amenities and services are available. As such, our cancelation policy will remain in place.
For real time updates, please visit: www.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo.
The safety and security of our guests and colleagues are top priorities at Fairmont Orchid.
- Hawaiʻi Volcano Observatory confirms the eruption began at about 11:30pm Sunday (11.27). Officials say that as of this morning (11.28), the lava flow has now migrated to a rift zone on the northeast flank.
- Air Access: All flights into Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole (KOA) are operating normally.
- Accommodations and Activities: All accommodations, activities, and attractions on the island are also operating normally. Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park has closed the Maunaloa summit until further notice.
- Air Quality: There is currently no ashfall. For the latest air quality updates, please visit: www.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo.
- Viewing: There is currently no sanctioned area to view the Maunaloa eruption. For the best viewing experience, we advise that guests contact our partners (Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, Paradise Helicopters, etc.) to see an aerial view.
Please rest assured that we are monitoring the situation closely and continue to follow protocols of the Hawai’i County Civil Defense Agency and our own safety officials to ensure that guest and colleague safety remains a top priority
For more information, please click here
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education (CE) credits for psychologists are provided through the co-sponsorship of the American Psychological Association (APA) Office of Continuing Education in Psychology (CEP). The APA CEP Office maintains responsibility for the content of the programs. This activity is approved for a maximum of 19.00 credits. Credit is awarded only for actual instructional time.
The AAFP has reviewed Mayo Clinic Psychiatry Clinical Updates 2023 and deemed it acceptable for up to 18.25 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 03/07/2023 to 03/10/2023. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 18.25 AAFP Prescribed
- 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 19.00 APA
- 20.50 Attendance