(in-person) courses and conferences effective July 1, 2021 and available COVID-19 online education and resources.
6th Annual Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine for the Clinician 2022
This course offers LIVE (in person) and LIVESTREAM attendance options.
Course Co-Directors: Jennifer R. Maynard, M.D., Tava R. Buck, P.T., D.P.T., OCS, Stephanie L. Jones, APRN, M.S.N. and Amanda L. Williams, L.A.T., A.T.C.
March 4 - 6, 2022 - Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World® Resort - Orlando, Florida
Mayo Clinic's 6th Annual Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Clinician 2022 in Orlando, Florida offers attendees the confidence to accurately diagnose and treat sports-related conditions, as well as injuries sustained during recreational physical activities. This CME course covers appropriate testing and referral criteria, as well as what is on the horizon for diagnosis and treatment. The course also helps to improve the specific skills in physical exam and imaging interpretation that assist in the diagnosis of conditions that may have implications for participation, performance and recovery in sports and recreational physical activities.
- Practical information immediately applicable to clinical practice
- Discussion of procedural techniques in care for athletes and active individuals, including specific skills in physical exam and imaging interpretation
- Interactive workshops
This course is designed for athletic trainers, physical therapists, NPs, PAs, sports medicine physicians, family physicians, physiatrists, internists, pediatricians, ER physicians, orthopedists, and medical providers involved in the care and management of athletes and active individuals in clinic or non-operative/non-surgical/non-invasive settings.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review diagnostic modalities to address sports medicine injuries with the ability to correctly diagnose and treat patients with the most useful information, at the least cost
- Address medical conditions in athletes and learn how to manage them in the context of sports as well as re-emergence from COVID-19
- Improve skills in determining an athlete's ability to return to sports and regular activities after injury as well as common sports surgeries
- Review ways by which musculoskeletal injuries can be avoided or prevented in the first place, or after common sports procedures/surgeries
- Determine physical exams and testing appropriate for sports injuries commonly seen in the primary care setting
- Treat sports injuries commonly encountered in the clinical and sideline settings, with consideration given to athletes and active individuals and the need for additional expeditious testing or referral to specialists
- Improve knowledge on basic sports medicine procedures/surgeries and how to explain them to patients
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Rooms are reserved for attendees and their guests at the group rate starting at $325 per night plus applicable taxes. In order to receive the special rate, reservations must be made before the room block sells out or before the expiration date of January 25, 2022, whichever comes first. The discounted rate is available three days prior and three days after the course dates based upon availability of group rooms at the time of the request.
To receive the discounted rate, reserve online using this link: Online Reservations or call 1-407-939-4686 and identify yourself as a participant of the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine course. Rooms are limited; we encourage early booking.
The group rate is available for a maximum of 2 rooms per registered attendee.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Workshops (Live only)||Credit Breakdown|
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 20.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 20.50 AOA Category 2-A credits.
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (BOC AP#: P476) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 20.50 Category A hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.50 ANCC
- 20.50 AOA Category 2-A
- 20.50 Attendance
- 20.50 BOC Category A
VIRTUAL EXHIBIT HALL
Welcome to the Virtual Exhibit Hall. Analogous to booths at scientific conferences, this is a space where companies share information about their products and services, showcase their latest innovations, and connect with attendees, faculty and course directors.
For more information on becoming an exhibitor, please reach out to CME Exhibits.
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.