17th Annual Mayo Clinic Hospital Medicine: Managing Complex Patients 2022
This course offers Live (in-person) and Livestream (virtual) attendance options
LIVE (in person) - A FEW LIVE (IN-PERSON) SPOTS AVAILABLE!
LIVESTREAM Attendance Option
Course Director: Richard M. Elias, M.B.B.S., M.P.H.
Course Co-Directors: Jed (Colt) C. Cowdell, M.D., M.B.A. and Shaun K. Yang, M.D., M.P.H.
November 2 - 5, 2022 - The Phoenician Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona
Hospital medicine is the fastest-growing medical specialty and requires a diverse skill set. Hospital-based healthcare providers must be able to diagnose and manage a wide variety of clinical conditions, coordinate transitions of care, provide perioperative management to surgical patients, and contribute to quality improvement and hospital administration. This program is specifically designed to ensure participants augment their knowledge and skills to meet these challenges in the management of complex hospital care, enhance healthcare delivery and lead in the hospital environment.
|Registration Fees - Live & Livestream|
|Allied Health, NP,PA,|
Residents, Fellows, Retired
|ABIM MOC Learning Session|
(Live and Livestream)
|Point-of-Care Ultrasound Workshop|
This program is designed for inpatient care providers including physicians, advanced practice providers, residents and fellows. Internal medicine and family practice, among others, are specialties that have practitioners who care for hospitalized patients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Recognize clinical features of important headache types in the hospital
- Select appropriate tests for suspected rheumatologic disease
- Develop an approach to VTE management for the patient at risk of bleeding in the hospital
- Choose an evidence-based treatment regimen for inpatient orthopedic infections
- Apply evidenced-based best practice to the diagnosis and management of clostridium difficile colitis in the hospitalized patient
- Recognize which hospitalized patients with generalized weakness require a neurology consultation
- Employ a systematic approach to acute renal failure management
- Develop an approach to the acute management of alcohol withdrawal syndrome
- Identify factors associated with patient satisfaction in hospital care
- Choose an evidence-based approach to the evaluation of chest pain in the hospitalized patient
- Select an appropriate initial treatment for acute COPD exacerbations
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
***PLEASE NOTE: The Phoenician Group Room Block is Sold Out***
The Phoenician Resort
6000 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
ALTERNATIVE HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
Lodging arrangements are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
|Hotel/Resort||Distance to Phoenician Resort|
|Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town|
7325 East 3rd Avenue
|Approximately 2.0 miles, |
or 5 minutes
7277 East Camelback Road
|Approximately 2.2 miles, |
or 7 minutes
|Hotel Valley Ho|
6850 East Main Street
|Approximately 2.2 miles, |
or 7 minutes
|Marriott Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town|
18513 North Scottsdale Road
|Approximately 2.6 miles, |
or 7 minutes
The Phoenician Resort
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Online Reservations: https://book.passkey.com/go/HM2022
Reservations Center: 480-423-2575
A block of rooms at a special group rate of $325 (USD), plus applicable local and state taxes, per night, is available for course participants and guests. Discounted resort fee of $15, per room per night plus tax. Children 17 years or younger stay free of charge in adult's room with existing bedding. Group rates apply three days prior to and three days after course dates, based upon availability.
Additional Hotel Fees:
- Discounted Resort Fee: $15.00 per room, per night, plus tax. Regularly $45. Includes in-room coffee and tea, internet in guest room, daily morning yoga (advanced reservations required), tennis and pickleball (court time and equipment usage for one hour, advanced reservations required), access to fitness center and other amenities.
- Housekeeping Service Charge: $3.00 per night.
- Porterage: $10.00 (One-time charge, per person)
- Discounted Parking Fee:
- Overnight Valet: $33.00 per car, per day. (Regularly $38 per day)
- Overnight Self-parking: $18.00 per car, per day. (Regularly $23 per day)
- Complimentary Self-parking in Lot 3.
To ensure accommodations, make your reservation before October 1, 2022, via website or telephone, and reference “Mayo Clinic Hospital Medicine.” To avoid one night’s room/tax charge, reservations must be canceled at least seven (7) days prior to scheduled arrival.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Richard M. Elias, M.B.B.S., M.P.H.
J. Colt Cowdell, M.D., M.B.A.
Shaun K. Yang, M.D., M.P.H.
Andrew Olson, M.D., FACP, FAAP
University of Minnesota
Omar M. Abu Saleh, M.B.B.S.
Robert C. Albright Jr, D.O.
Evamaria Anvari, M.D.
Timothy Barry, M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O.
Shari I. Brand, M.D.
M. Caroline Burton, M.D.
Michael W. Cullen, M.D.
Daniel C. DeSimone, M.D.
Kathryn T. del Valle, M.D.
Megan M. Dulohery Scrodin, M.D.
Brent P. Goodman, M.D.
Lucinda M. Gruber, M.D.
Dana Herrigel, M.D.
Meltiady Issa, M.D., M.B.A.
Ilko V. Ivanov, M.D.
A. Scott Keller, M.D., M.S.
Diana J. Kelm, M.D.
Sahil Khanna, M.B.B.S., M.S.
Patrick G. Kishi, M.D.
Lisa, LeMond, M.D.
Michael J. Maniaci, M.D.
Michael A. Mao, M.D.
Wayne A. Martini, Jr. M.D.
Gautam V. Matcha, M.D.
Donna M. Miller, M.D.
Tasneem Z. Naqvi, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Sean E. Nelson, M.D.
Jamie S. Newman, M.D., M.H.A.
Ricardo J. Pagan, M.D.
John G. Park, M.D.
John T. Ratelle, M.D.
Nicholas G. Rhodes, M.D.
Kenneth K. Sakata, M.D.
Antoine (Tony) N. Saliba, M.D.
Will M. Schouten, M.D.
Neel B. Shah, M.B., Ch.B.
Douglas (Doug) A. Simonetto, M.D.
Ammal J. Starling, M.D.
Michel Toledano, M.D.
Benjamin Wang, M.D.
Waldemar E. Wysokinski, M.D., Ph.D.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 25.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|Day||General Session||ABIM MOC|
The AAFP has reviewed 17th Annual Mayo Clinic Hospital Medicine: Managing Complex Patients and deemed it acceptable for up to 22.50 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 11/02/2022 to 11/05/2022. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 25.00 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 22.50 AAFP Prescribed
- 25.00 ABIM
- 25.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 25.00 Attendance
For information regarding exhibit opportunities, please reach out to Kristy Badder.
|Thank you to the following exhibitors for their virtual support of this course:|
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.
Live (in-person) attendees must comply with all live course requirements and guidelines and applicable state and local COVID-19 travel restrictions, guidance and resources.
Please note that all live course attendees must:
- Complete COVID-19 testing and provide attestation that any negative test result was received within 72 hours or less of the event start date OR provide attestation that a positive COVID-19 test result was received within the previous 90 days, that it has been at least 10 days since the positive test, and that you are currently asymptomatic.
- Attendees must attest that they will comply with all safety requirements and that they understand the inherent risk associated with being in large groups of people.
- Masking is recommended but not required.
- Social distancing is not required.
- Requirements and guidelines are in effect until further notice and may be amended as CDC, public health and other relevant guidance are adjusted.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.