Point-of-Care Ultrasound Introductory Workshop - LIVE (Limited Enrollments)
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Introductory Workshop - Live (In-person only) - Limited to 32 Enrollments
OPTIONAL EDUCATION ACTIVITY
Point-of-Care Ultrasound Introductory Workshop
Friday, November 4, 2022
1:00 p.m.(MST) Registration (lunch is provided)
1:30 - 4:45 p.m. (MST) POC US Workshop
Pre-registration required. Space is limited.
Available in-person only.
|Registration Fee - POC Ultrasound Introductory Workshop - Live (in-person only)|
|Point-of-Care Ultrasound Introductory Workshop||$550|
Live (in-person) attendees must comply with all live course requirements and guidelines and applicable state and local COVID-19 travel restrictions, guidance and resources.
Please note that all live course attendees must:
- Complete COVID-19 testing and provide attestation that any negative test result was received within 72 hours or less of the event start date OR provide attestation that a positive COVID-19 test result was received within the previous 90 days, that it has been at least 10 days since the positive test, and that you are currently asymptomatic. You must be logged in to ce.mayo.edu to complete your attestation.
- Attendees must attest that they will comply with all safety requirements and that they understand the inherent risk associated with being in large groups of people.
- Masking is recommended but not required.
- Social distancing is not required.
- Requirements and guidelines are in effect until further notice and may be amended as CDC, public health and other relevant guidance are adjusted.
- Introduction of basic physics and “knobology” of the ultrasound machine.
- Practical applications of point-of-care ultrasonography with focus on image acquisition, interpretation, and integration of findings into clinical decision-making.
- Hands-on and interactive learning experience with emphasis on cardiopulmonary evaluation.
- Perform focused cardiac, inferior vena cava, and pulmonary ultrasonography on live models and case simulation.
- Designed as an introductory offering, however faculty will meet your needs based on your previous experience.
This program is designed for inpatient care providers including physicians, advanced practice providers, residents and fellows. Internal medicine and family practice, among others, are specialties that have practitioners who care for hospitalized patients.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Examine the heart in at least two different windows and assess global contractility.
- Identify the pericardium and describe the appearance of a pericardial effusion.
- Identify the inferior vena cava and estimate right atrial pressure based on measurements of the diameter and collapsibility.
- Recognize normal anatomy and physiology of pleura, lung artifacts, and identify a pleural effusion.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
LIMITED ROOM AVAILABILITY!
***PLEASE NOTE: The Phoenician Resort has limited room availability. Feel free to contact the resort to inquire about availability***
6000 E. Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
5401 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona
(2.9 miles or 8 minutes from the Phoenician Resort in moderate traffic)
Double Tree Reservation link: Online Reservation Link
A special group rate of $269 (USD) and resort service and amenities fee of $15, per room per night plus applicable city and state sales tax, is extended to course participants. The resort service and amenities fee includes:
- Two bottled waters
- Valet parking
- Daily fitness class
- Sports equipment rental
- Dessert with restaurant entree purchase
- $10 off golf; $15 off spa; $15 off select off-site activities
Group rates apply three days prior to and three days post-course dates, based on availability.
To make a reservation, telephone 866-866-8107 and use code “MAY”.
We are diligently working to identify alternative nearby accommodations for course registrants. Please check back soon for regular updates!
Nearby properties that currently have room availability include:
Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town
7325 East 3rd Avenue, Scottsdale, Arizona
(2.0 miles or 5 minutes from the Phoenician Resort in moderate traffic)
7277 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale Arizona
(2.2 miles or 7 minutes from the Phoenician Resort in moderate traffic)
Hotel Valley Ho
6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, Arizona
(2.2 miles or 7 minutes from the Phoenician Resort in moderate traffic)
Marriott Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town
18513 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona
(2.6 miles or 7 minutes from the Phoenician Resort in moderate traffic)
The Phoenician Resort
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Online Reservations: https://book.passkey.com/go/HM2022
Reservations Center: 480-423-2575
A block of rooms at a special group rate of $325 (USD), plus applicable local and state taxes, per night, is available for course participants and guests. Discounted resort fee of $15, per room per night plus tax. Children 17 years or younger stay free of charge in adult's room with existing bedding. Group rates apply three days prior to and three days after course dates, based upon availability.
Additional Hotel Fees:
- Discounted Resort Fee: $15.00 per room, per night, plus tax. Regularly $45. Includes in-room coffee and tea, internet in guest room, daily morning yoga (advanced reservations required), tennis and pickleball (court time and equipment usage for one hour, advanced reservations required), access to fitness center and other amenities.
- Housekeeping Service Charge: $3.00 per night.
- Porterage: $10.00 (One-time charge, per person)
- Discounted Parking Fee:
- Overnight Valet: $33.00 per car, per day. (Regularly $38 per day)
- Overnight Self-parking: $18.00 per car, per day. (Regularly $23 per day)
- Complimentary Self-parking in Lot 3.
To ensure accommodations, make your reservation before October 1, 2022, via website or telephone, and reference “Mayo Clinic Hospital Medicine.” To avoid one night’s room/tax charge, reservations must be canceled at least seven (7) days prior to scheduled arrival.
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant.
Shaun K. Yang, M.D., M.P.H.
Evamaria Anvari, M.D.
Timothy Barry, M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O
Shari I. Brand, M.D.
J. Colt Cowdell, M.D., M.B.A.
Dana Herrigel, M.D.
Ilko V. Ivanov, M.D.
Patrick G. Kishi, M.D.
Michael J. Maniaci, M.D.
Wayne A. Martini, Jr. M.D.
Gautam V. Matcha, M.D.
Tasneem Z. Naqvi, M.B.B.S., M.D.
Ricardo J. Pagan, M.D.
Corbin A. Rayfield, M.D.
Kenneth K. Sakata, M.D.
Will M. Schouten, M.D.
Cyril Varghese, M.D., M.S.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this Other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP has reviewed 17th Annual Mayo Clinic Hospital Medicine: Managing Complex Patients and deemed it acceptable for up to 3.00 Live AAFP Prescribed credits. Term of Approval is from 11/02/2022 to 11/05/2022. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other healthcare professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 3.00 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participation information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 3.00 AAFP Prescribed
- 3.00 ABIM
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 Attendance
Cancellation and Refund Policy
View Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.