Experience in Healthcare: The New Fundamentals - Livestream (virtual)
**The Livestream (virtual) course is for Mayo Clinic Personnel Only**
Course Director: Rebecca A. Brustad, M.A.
September 18 - 20, 2023 - Internet Live Activity - Rochester, Minnesota
Experience in Healthcare: The New Fundamentals is an interactive and lively course designed to highlight new fundamentals for enhancing the human experience. Drawing upon Mayo Clinic’s deep history, expertise and innovation, this solutions-focused course lets participants explore infrastructure, critical partnerships, patient voice, and digital tools to enhance the future of experience in healthcare.
- Hot topics on healthcare employee and patient experience
- Best practices to enhance the human experience
- Networking opportunities and interactive breakout sessions
- Dedicated time for questions and discussion
- Featured guest speakers:
- JP Paul (Vice President of Guest Experience, Minnesota Vikings)
- Roy Fuhrmann (Chief Operating Officer, Metropolitan Airports Commission)
- Brandy Houston (Strategy Lead, Blue Cottage of CannonDesign)
- Dylan Coonrad (Creative Director, CannonDesign)
- Chris Malone (Founder, Fidelum Health)
This course is relevant for physicians, nurses, executive leaders, quality employees and experience champions in healthcare.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify why strategic and structural alignment is vital to improving the experience of staff and patients
- Describe critical service lines and leadership structure for a successful experience program
- Examine the impact of digital innovation to enhance the human connection
- Discuss the importance of structure for managing patient and visitor conduct
- Determine opportunism for enhancing experience programs
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
ject to change.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 12.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 12.50 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 12.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 12.50 ANCC
- 12.50 Attendance
To claim credit for livestream participation in this course, learners must view the content during the hours posted for the live activity. This course is not approved for on-demand delivery.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development (MCSCPD) strives to foster a learning environment in which individual differences are valued, allowing all to achieve their fullest potential.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests must be submitted in writing using the Contact Us Form.
Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Registration.