Infectious Diseases Practice Updates 2022
This course offers Live (in person) and LIVESTREAM (virtual) attendance options.
February 14 - 18, 2022 - Hyatt Regency Maui - Lahaina, Hawaii
This interactive course provides practical updates on common topics and challenges faced with infectious diseases along with key information on the application of new developments in the field. Information will be delivered by subject matter experts through case-based presentations and in-depth discussions including question and answer sessions geared to increase knowledge, performance and patient outcomes. Attendees will leave with up-to-date, practical information that can be applied immediately to their clinical practice.
The 2022 course focuses on infectious diseases of the skin, important mimics of pulmonary, rheumatologic and CNS infections, and infections associated with pregnancy and transplantation. Updates on COVID-19 and infection prevention and control, as well as infectious complications in patients on newer immunosuppressive medications, and diabetic foot infections will also be covered.
Additional sessions available for registration:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship - Monday, February 14, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Microbiology - Tuesday, February 15, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
This course is relevant for infectious diseases specialists, infectious diseases trainees, internists, pharmacists, hospitalists, and clinical infectious diseases researchers. The content will also benefit physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, family physicians and clinical microbiologists with interest in managing patients with infections.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the diagnosis and management of infections in pregnancy
- Describe principles of diagnosis and management of diabetic foot infections
- Recognize updates in management of infections in transplant recipients
- Describe epidemiology and new treatment paradigms in COVID-19
- Recognize infectious complications in patients on new immunosuppressive medications such as CAR-T and biologics
- Identify noninfectious diseases that can mimic infections and vice versa
- Review top literature updates in infectious diseases
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Mayo Clinic is closely monitoring COVID-19 prevalence and may adjust live course attendance limits as necessitated by CDC, public health and other relevant guidelines. Attendees are asked to comply with all live course and conference guidelines.
Please review the following links related to Hawaii travel, screening, and digital health pass:
This course offers LIVE (in-person) and LIVESTREAM (virtual) attendance registration options.
Limited space is available for in-person attendance. If the situation for in-person attendance changes, we are planning a LIVESTREAM only course on the same days. Live in-person attendance at this course may require adherence to specific COVID-19 regulations and guidelines. Please refer to the course web page frequently for updates
Lodging - Rooms Available*
Rooms have been reserved for attendees and their guests at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa starting at $325/night. In order to receive the special rates, reservations must be made before January 12, 2022, or before the room block fills. Please identify yourself as a participant of the Infectious Diseases course when making your reservation.
Reservations are based on space and rate availability. Hotel requires a 2-night deposit and cancellation notice of 30 days prior to arrival for refund. A daily resort fee of $10 per room, per night, plus tax will apply.
*Please note: To make reservations outside of the room block dates (Sunday, February 13, 2022 - Friday, February 18, 2022), phone: 1-877-803-7534 and provide group code MCIN.
Daily Resort Charge ($10)
There is a daily resort charge of $10 per room, per night, plus tax for use of resort activities and amenities. These include the following:
- Two reusable keepsake water bottles, per room, per stay, upon arrival
- Filtered water and ice machines located on every guestroom floor and throughout the resort
- 24-hr access to oceanfront Stay Fit Gym
- Complimentary cultural programs including lei making and hula lessons
- Wildlife tours, penguin and koi feedings
- Complimentary yoga/fitness classes daily
- Resort shuttle service in Ka'anapali
- One-hour daily tennis or basketball court time, tennis balls, racquets, and basketballs included
- PressReader: access to more than 2000 full-content international and local newspapers and magazines from over 100 countries on your table or smartphone
- 10% off Macy's at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort
- 25% discount on Greens Fees at Ka'anapali Golf Course (Royal and Kai Courses)
- Complimentary Beach Portrait Session and 5x7 print from Grins2Go at Hyatt Regency Maui
All travel and lodging expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual registrant. Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development is not responsible for expenses incurred by an individual who is not confirmed and for whom space is not available at the meeting. Costs incurred by the registration such as airline or hotel fees or penalties are the responsibility of the registrant.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this other activity (live and livestream) for a maximum of 33.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 24.00 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participant will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Participant information will be shared with ABIM through PARS.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 26.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this activity for a maximum of 26.00 ANCC contact hours. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals:
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 26.00 AAPA Category 1
- 24.00 ABIM
- 33.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 26.00 ANCC
- 33.25 Attendance
The Infectious Diseases Practice Updates 2022 course is pleased to offer the opportunity for commercial companies to interact with health care providers and highlight their products and services. If you are interested in exhibiting at this course, please complete the following:
- Review the Exhibitor Prospectus
- Create an account/profile (or log-in if you already have one)
- Complete the Exhibitor Agreement Form
Contact us for additional information.