Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Live Webinar Series
In this series of one-hour webinars, Mayo Clinic experts discuss the latest information on COVID-19, including clinical updates, research developments, infection control and practical advice you can use in your practice.
June 2, 2020 at 9 a.m. CT
Shelter-in-place orders are beginning to lift in some parts of the United States. In light of these developments, Mayo Clinic experts will discuss infection prevention in health care settings and in the broader community.
- Moderator: Priya Sampathkumar, M.D., Chair, Infection Prevention and Control Committee; Chair, Mayo Clinic Infection Prevention and Control Specialty Council
- Featured Expert: Elena Beam, M.D., Chair, Transplant Infectious Diseases Focus Group; Associate Program Director, Infectious Diseases Fellowship
- Featured Expert: Jack C. O’Horo, M.D., Chair, Personal Protective Equipment Task Force; Chair, Infectious Diseases Quality and ICU Focus Group
- Featured Expert: Aaron J. Tande, M.D., Chair, Infectious Diseases Outpatient Practice; Chair, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.; Chair, Orthopedic Infectious Diseases Focus Group
The views and perspectives shared in these resources are presented based on information available at the time of recording.
Upon completion of the Mayo Clinic Talks Podcast course, learners should be able to:
- Discuss current research initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify promising innovative solutions for treatment strategies in COVID-19 patients
- Describe the expedited translational research related to COVID-19
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
In support of improving patient care, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
A record of attendance will be provided to all registrants for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies or other professional associations.
For disclosure information regarding Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development accreditation review committee member(s) and staff, please go here to review disclosures.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Attendance